P3Dv6 Team - Teaser Questions before Release

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Airwolf

P3Dv6 Team - Teaser Questions before Release

Post by Airwolf »

Hi P3Dv6 Team,

I am very excited for this release, as there are few things I plan to do with SDK.

But I have few fun questions. I would be grateful if you could answer it or give hints

1) Will P3Dv6 use a new better global Mesh?
2) Will P3Dv6 have better vector land data vs P3Dv5 (I know for P3Dv5 it depreciated Orbx Vector to a degree)
3) Is it still DX12 (Vram usage is high in VR) or is VR usage improved with 8gb video cards.

4) Will there be Navigraph intergration to update the Airac. There is no product out there now for P3D which does it properly (Xplane and MSFS2020 can update airac natively)

Thanks

Airwolf
pestridge77

Re: P3Dv6 Team - Teaser Questions before Release

Post by pestridge77 »

Airwolf wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:49 pm Hi P3Dv6 Team,

I am very excited for this release, as there are few things I plan to do with SDK.

But I have few fun questions. I would be grateful if you could answer it or give hints

1) Will P3Dv6 use a new better global Mesh?
2) Will P3Dv6 have better vector land data vs P3Dv5 (I know for P3Dv5 it depreciated Orbx Vector to a degree)
3) Is it still DX12 (Vram usage is high in VR) or is VR usage improved with 8gb video cards.

4) Will there be Navigraph intergration to update the Airac. There is no product out there now for P3D which does it properly (Xplane and MSFS2020 can update airac natively)

Thanks

Airwolf
of course until its release we will have to wait and see if the mesh has been updated or not.
What I can say is based off every previous versions, mesh, LC and sometimes texture files are updated along with the airport information with each new release. You are correct with v5 and Orbx Vector, although I still installed it as I found that there simobjects still enhanced the sim.
Dx12 is still in its infancy and I imagine, hopefully there have been improvements lately for Dx12 in general. It will be when Microsoft creates a better Dx12 more stable and drivers are updated accordingly. There is little devs can do who use Dx12 to make it more stable beyond what the core of Dx12 does anyway. There is no Dx13 yet and P3D has always use the latest DirectX api for their sim, so I imagine it still will be Dx12 going forward.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)