GSX causing CTD in V5.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
EKOTAMIKE2

GSX causing CTD in V5.3

Post by EKOTAMIKE2 »

Since loading up V5.3 my GSX crashes every time I try to use it. I found this quick fix in another post, tried it, and voila - it worked. I did windows 10&11 but I didn't have a window 12 that looked like the example, so I didn't do it.

Modify the missionpanels.cfg in the gauges folder in your
Prepar3D installation directory.
Changing these entries will revert these windows back to the Scaleform version:

[Window10]
change:
html_file = menu;
html_instance_name = MenuPrompt;
to:
scaleform_file = menuwindow;
scaleform_instance_name = MenuPrompt;

[Window11]
change:
html_file = ATC;
html_instance_name = ATC;
to:
scaleform_instance_name = ATC;

[Window12] ; for GSX
change:
html_file = Menu;
html_instance_name = SimConnectWindow;
to:
scaleform_instance_name = SimConnectWindow;

Good luck to ya.
BerndB

Re: GSX causing CTD in V5.3

Post by BerndB »

Windows 12??!?

seems you have uncovered yourself accidently that you are a timetraveler from 5 years in the future...

Oh, please tell us: do we will have a P3D 8.5 HF 3 where everything is looking like in MSFS? Just with the profession of P3D?? And no CTD´s, stutters, and etc.?? Please
P3D V6 & 5.4 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbX
Senchay

Re: GSX causing CTD in V5.3

Post by Senchay »

BerndB wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:21 pm Windows 12??!?

seems you have uncovered yourself accidently that you are a timetraveler from 5 years in the future...

Oh, please tell us: do we will have a P3D 8.5 HF 3 where everything is looking like in MSFS? Just with the profession of P3D?? And no CTD´s, stutters, and etc.?? Please
No. Aerofly will be in Version 8 by then, with many new features that are all better than MSFS. ^^
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive