Computer Crashing on menu select

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
robski

Postby robski » Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi

Some times (frequently) when I click on the menu i.e. File or add-ons my whole computer just freezes requiring a hard reset.

Also My PMDG NGX 737 was flying fine but now it zigzags all over the flight path. I read that on FSX this problem could be fixed with a reg fix tool... could this be the problem for both issues?

Thanks

Rob

Saul

Postby Saul » Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 am

Hi Rob,

Sorry I am not permitted to give you the answer due to licensing issues.

Not to be negative in anyway but I do know that PMDG have not yet given permission for users to install into Prepar3D.

I do know the team at PMDG are working to stop installations of their products into Prepar3D so those people that do have it working at the moment will soon be looking for an alternative.

The solution would be to uninstall your PMDG from Prepar3D it should then stop crashing.

Regards

Saul

robski

Postby robski » Thu May 30, 2013 2:45 pm

OK thanks anyway.

btw There is no alternative to PMDG "yet" as flight simulation goes it doesn't get better

Saul

Postby Saul » Thu May 30, 2013 3:23 pm

iFly are supporting Prepar3D now it is being distributed by http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AircraftSimulations/737NGforPrepar3D.aspx although it is bemusing because Prepar3D is a corporate platform and they are licensing for entertainment use only. How can corporate users legally use that? it's a bit of a catch 22.

I agree PMDG are the best I own most of their aircraft but must use them in FSX. Unfortunately for us all they still are refusing to consider Prear3D as it would place them in danger of prosecution from the respective aircraft manufacturers. As you may realize people like Boeing ect... would want a licensing agreement for using their internationally protected trade makes and will take action against anyone using them.

I do think and have been hinted that PMDG might move forward to Prepar3D as I have spoken to the developers about this. But I suspect they need to enter trade discussions with all the aircraft manufactures to gain the necessary permissions first.

I hope this info is useful although its not the answer you was looking for.

Regards

Saul

Return to “Other Support Questions”