NOTHING IS WRONG WITH P3DV5.1

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
pestridge77

NOTHING IS WRONG WITH P3DV5.1

Post by pestridge77 »

P3Dv5.1 totally works if installed correctly and one thing should be noted about addons, even Orbx products is that some sim objects that were made a certain way, will not interact with TrueSky correctly (unless they are re-made) as they may have been used in the past using outdated and non-supported techniques. As everyone uses Global Base Im sure, you will see alot of items in the sim that stand out from the weather and lighting, this is not a fault of P3D, but the affected addons. Even GSX items suffer from this and is also the reason why some people may experience jaggy lines of clouds all over buildings. This does not affect my sim as shown in the video link below.
Also, until some addons are made comptaible with P3Dv5.1, crashes can be expected using the affected addons, although I have yet to find an addon that has crashed 5.1

I showed LIVE on stream how to make sure your pc and OS is ready to install (after uninstalling 5.0) to ensure there are no issues during 5.1 usage.
I demonstrated how to uninstall 5.0 and install 5.1 which depending on how you run your sim, will depend on how you install it. There are several steps to go through and involve uninstalling certain addons and then reinstalling them and changing their values before using them.

EVERYTHING WORKS IN MY 5.1

ACTIVE SKY DOES NOT CRASH THE SIM, NOR DOES SODE, OR ANYTHING I TRY IN THE SIM THAT PEOPLE CLAIM HAVE CRASHED THEIRS.
Active Sky does not load live weather, but I dont use it for that anyway. I use REX SkyForce to run the weather generation within P3Dv5.1 and I use Active Sky to run ASCA for the sky colours.
All this works with SODE and GSX, multiple airports and aircraft running with Orbx products as well with TrueSky active and HDR as well.
I also flew a flight in the linked video demonstrating all of the above and even proved that Active Sky does connect to the sim and work, its just as_connect that does not generate the LIVE weather. It will load weather profiles and scenarios in seconds. It shows as connected to P3D and has full functionality for generating the custom weather, just not the LIVE weather. Again, I use another weather engine for this anyway.
Performance is 100% better than 5.0 and crisper. The sims textures and sound are better and the scale of the sim seems to have changed as well. Everything looks more true to life than it did in 5.0, in fact I ran the same flight on my Twitch channel in 5.0, then installed 5.1 and in the link below, ran the same flight to compare.

VIDEO LINK:https://youtu.be/MXa7CBkaJf0

ALL THE ISSUES THAT PEOPLE ARE MENTIONING ARE MORE LIKELY PROBLEMS WITH THEIR OS, HARDWARE, OTHER PROGRAMS ON SYSTEM OR SETTINGS...

P3DV5.1 HAS NEVER CRASHED ON MY PC AFTER 48 HOURS OF TESTING.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
AnkH

Re: NOTHING IS WRONG WITH P3DV5.1

Post by AnkH »

Seriously, it took me 5 seconds to click on your YT link, jump randomly into the video (ended up around 2:45:48) and the first thing I notice is: the taxiway signs bleed through the haze... Then I clicked randomly on a second place in the video (around 3:14:19) and what do I see? Ugly repetitive patterns in the cloud layer. So much for "there is nothing wrong with 5.1".

To me, those things fixed is a MUST if you decide to no longer call EA a "beta". To me, they did not do anything substantial to EA between 5.0 HF2 and now 5.1, at least nothing so substantial to explain why it is not called "beta" anymore.

Besides that, HiFi already explained that they need a hotfix for their weather program to work correctly and LM already acknowledged it, so how you call this? An acknowledged bug by LM means nothing is wrong with 5.1? No further comment...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
remcosol

Post by remcosol »

And let alone the carryover from the things that weren’t wrong with v5 .... like the flashing clouds for instance .
MrMe85

Post by MrMe85 »

As a user of ActiveSky, I think I'd rather wait until they hotfix the sim so that live weather can be generated honestly. Its been acknowledged as a bug, both by HiFi, and LM.
nicoma

Post by nicoma »

5.1 here. PMDG, FSGLOBAL Weather engine. FSLABS, Majestic. ORBX Base and airports mostly in europe. AIG for traffic. Aerosoft scenery and also tampa copenhagen..

Installed ( upgraded p3d from 5 to 5.1.
Did 4 long 3.5h flights without error.
EA disabled. Due on morning daylight make all red outside cockpit. Very funny.

Upgrade one by one without reboot after each.
Uninstalled client, install new client
Uninstalled contents, installed new contents
Uninstalled Scenerery, installed new scenery. Rebooting.

Result all my old setting was not impacted. All was ready to go. And me Happy :)

Take Care
Nico SAS219
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

nicoma wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:45 am
Upgrade one by one without reboot after each.
Uninstalled client, install new client
Uninstalled contents, installed new contents
Uninstalled Scenerery, installed new scenery. Rebooting.
There's no need to install each compontent separately it can be done in two steps. Uninstall old version completely, install new version completely. The P3Dv5 folder containing addons remains.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
gerfon

Post by gerfon »

Hello, you think you have solved the problem with ActiveSky and Prepar3 D v5.1 quickly. Thank you
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

AnkH wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:39 am Seriously, it took me 5 seconds to click on your YT link, jump randomly into the video (ended up around 2:45:48) and the first thing I notice is: the taxiway signs bleed through the haze... Then I clicked randomly on a second place in the video (around 3:14:19) and what do I see? Ugly repetitive patterns in the cloud layer. So much for "there is nothing wrong with 5.1".

To me, those things fixed is a MUST if you decide to no longer call EA a "beta". To me, they did not do anything substantial to EA between 5.0 HF2 and now 5.1, at least nothing so substantial to explain why it is not called "beta" anymore.

Besides that, HiFi already explained that they need a hotfix for their weather program to work correctly and LM already acknowledged it, so how you call this? An acknowledged bug by LM means nothing is wrong with 5.1? No further comment...
Well if you hadnt JUMPED ahead, you wouldnt be saying what you just said. ALL those objects that stand out are the developers using old techniques that are not supported by P3D5.1 and its up to the developers to change those models to ensure compatibility. So far they have not caused a CTD in my sim but other people are reporting different. I actually like the skies in 5.1 and you do get repeating patterns of cloud layers and clouds in real life ya know.... all the TrueSky in that video, I like.... so yea, no further comment please and the bug they mention is also exactly what we show in the video but EVERYTHING ELSE works with Active Sky in 5.1, IT CONNECTS TO THE SIM FINE its just the LIVE weather it has issues with from generating into the sim..... that sounds like a Hi Fi issue and Im glad LM are helping to resolve... maybe watch something all the way through next time as I EXPLAINED ALOT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

gerfon wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:06 pm Hello, you think you have solved the problem with ActiveSky and Prepar3 D v5.1 quickly. Thank you
No I dont think Ive solved anything, if anything Ive proved that Active Sky CONNECTS easily to 5.1 and can pass information along to and from it but just not the live weather generation. Maybe ive helped narrow the problem for LM and Hi Fi....
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

You can check out how I installed the sim here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/790033324
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

pestridge77 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:22 pm
gerfon wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:06 pm Hello, you think you have solved the problem with ActiveSky and Prepar3 D v5.1 quickly. Thank you
No I dont think Ive solved anything, if anything Ive proved that Active Sky CONNECTS easily to 5.1 and can pass information along to and from it but just not the live weather generation. Maybe ive helped narrow the problem for LM and Hi Fi....
AS is being beta tested and the beta works with V5.1.
See their development update.
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

Saldo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:52 pm
Sorry, I cant not find anywhere to what you are referring too
RobCom

Post by RobCom »

pestridge77 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:50 pm
Saldo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:52 pm

Sorry, I cant not find anywhere to what you are referring too
https://hifisimtech.com/Downloads/#ASP3D
ASUS Z690 Apex ; 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800 ; ASUS RTX 4080 OC ; Creative SB Audigy Rx