V5: ATC-windows crash VCRUNTIME140.dll

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
FrLoio95

Re: V5: ATC-windows crash VCRUNTIME140.dll

Post by FrLoio95 »

airbader wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:32 pm A fun, new twist on this 5-month old CTD! Instead of just going straight to the desktop, it brought up this error instead: https://imgur.com/a/sh0tSUz. Just thought I'd post this on the off chance that the P3D team cares.
Well, same plot twist to me, this time that window also appear, this can't be a coincidence...
Alti

Post by Alti »

Also the same troubles here. random CTD when use ATC.
5a_49_4f_4e

Post by 5a_49_4f_4e »

I have same problems with my P3Dv5 here. It is so annoying for all users to have this problem so often!
Recently I started a flight from Boston with the PMDG 747 and while I was still on ground the VCRUNTIME140.dll error hited again and I could start from beginning. I recognized the error also happens on changing views in my case sometimes but more often when using the transparent SimConnect menu (GSX, SODE, ATC,...). And if the VCRUNTIME140.dll isn't the problem than I get terain.dll or KERNELBASE.dll errors very often. My installation is clean and I always check for updates, so I don't think the problem is on my side like all the other users too. Meanwhile these errors happen to me almost every 2nd or 3rd time when I use P3D over a longer time period.
I really don't understand this company. They should get their stuff working and think about their programming skills. All of these errors mentioned above produces the error code 0xc0000005 (at least in my case), which means there are happen a lot of access violations.

PLEASE LOCKEED MARTIN FINALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT AND GET YOUR STUFF WORKING! YOU CAN'T EXPECT FROM THE CUSTOMERS TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR YOUR SOFTWARE (+ ADDONS) AND LET STAY YOUR PROGRAM THE MOST BUGGY I'VE EVERY SEEN IN MY LIFE!!! DO YOUR JOB AND MAKE YOUR SOFTWARE STABLE FINALLY!!!

I'm so glad when all the Addons coming for MSFS and I can finally get rid of this sh*tty program here! Only Problems!...

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 AMP!
64 GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung M.2 EVO SSD, 2 TB
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

If you had read the earlier posts about this, you would have discovered that LM already knows about the vcrun140.dll issue and the fix will be in the next update. What you can do is to just keep the ATC window open all the time so that the simconnect window issue doesn't arise, which is what the issue is. Have you tried returning your CPU to non-OC'd?

Best of luck with FS2020.
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
5a_49_4f_4e

Post by 5a_49_4f_4e »

@Sky_King
I already know this, because I read the whole thread from beginning to end. But if you've been a P3D customer for longer time then you know that LM has problems with accepting that the errors of their software are a problem on their side and not on the side of the customers. But what you wanna expect from a platform that is 14 years old, maybe with a lot of improvements but anyway the same for over one decade.
So thanks for the tip with my OC setup but I tried a lot of things to get rid of these errors (also this) and I don't think that everobody else who experience this errors here has overclocked their CPU.

And yes MSFS is still not usable, at least to me, especially when it comes to airliners and IFR flights but I'm quite sure the time for MSFS will come, maybe not tomorrow or in a year but it will come.

(sry, for my sloppy english)
Regards ;)

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 AMP!
64 GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung M.2 EVO SSD, 2 TB
Airbumps

Post by Airbumps »

I've tried running my CPU at default clock speeds and still get the issue.

I'm not sure I've seen an acknowledgement from LM publicly about the issue - just the comments from Virtuali at FSDT that they are aware.
airbader

Post by airbader »

Sky_King wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:21 pm If you had read the earlier posts about this, you would have discovered that LM already knows about the vcrun140.dll issue and the fix will be in the next update. What you can do is to just keep the ATC window open all the time so that the simconnect window issue doesn't arise, which is what the issue is. Have you tried returning your CPU to non-OC'd?

Best of luck with FS2020.
You might be on to something with keeping the ATC window open. One flight, I kept it open, no crashes. Next flight, I accidentally closed it and got a CTD when I opened the GSX window. Could just be a coincidence.
schtaiw

Post by schtaiw »

I leave the simconnect window undocked on a second monitor and I haven't had a CTD yet, hopefully it stays that way. I was having CTDs almost every flight.
Airbumps

Post by Airbumps »

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong - but you can't select an option in GSX and still leave the SImConnect menu open can you? I can undock and move to another screen but selecting GSX boarding or pushback etc closes the window...
airbader

Post by airbader »

Airbumps wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:00 am Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong - but you can't select an option in GSX and still leave the SImConnect menu open can you? I can undock and move to another screen but selecting GSX boarding or pushback etc closes the window...
Correct, but I think the idea is that having any SimConnect window (e.g. ATC) would prevent a crash even if you're using GSX. I could be wrong and not interpreting Sky King's suggestion correctly. But since Lockheed has gone AWOL I'll explore whatever solution I can.
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

airbader wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Correct, but I think the idea is that having any SimConnect window (e.g. ATC) would prevent a crash even if you're using GSX. I could be wrong and not interpreting Sky King's suggestion correctly. But since Lockheed has gone AWOL I'll explore whatever solution I can.
I am a very light user of GSX, but will experiment with it this afternoon. Glad the suggestion has reduced your CTDs! I happened to discover this by accident. Let me know how it goes for you and I'll post results in the next few days.

SK
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
Matthew21

Post by Matthew21 »

I’m getting a crash after every flight now and it’s everytime related to gsx
dabr0an

Post by dabr0an »

schtaiw wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:19 am I leave the simconnect window undocked on a second monitor and I haven't had a CTD yet, hopefully it stays that way. I was having CTDs almost every flight.
Tried this for about 4 legs yesterday it works!
However one of my friend was looking at my files he said the Simconnect.exe was not installed (manually from the folders) Have you guys done so? it has like 4 of them, I'll be running these test shortly.
Matthew21

Post by Matthew21 »

I’ve officially shelved v5 now till errors and problems are sorted vcruntime140 is the vain of my life 😡
schtaiw

Post by schtaiw »

Yeah it closes in between GSX requests, but when it reopens it does so as an undocked window.

I'm also using Pro-ATC X which also appears in the same undocked window but curiously it's never been Pro-ATC which has triggered the CTD; only ever GSX and on occasion the default atc window.

Done a few flights without a CTD with the window undocked. On one occasion I forgot to undock the simconnect window and it crashed almost immediately.