VERY odd joystick issue

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
fod

VERY odd joystick issue

Post by fod »

Been flying v5 for some months with FSLabs, NGXu and MJC q400 etc . Today I suddenly realised that when I pressed a button on the joystick which was assigned to a view change, it now also selected AP off. Note I do not have the AP assigned to any joystick button. This only occurs with FSLabs and PMDG - MJC and default ac are ok.

So far I have:

Reinstalled my main joystick X52 pro
Uninstalled/reinstalled NGXu
Uninstalled and cleared out EZDOK
RemovedFSUIPC 6 (no buttons assigned anyway)
Rebuilt P3D cfg controls xml files
Tried a second (Logitech) joystick with exactly the same problem.
Confirmed that no joystick buttons are assigned to Z

Note au also have 4.5 on another hdd - here the joystick is working correctly

Grateful for any advice before I go for a full clean uninstall / reinstall of v5 .....

Many thanks
Martyson

Re: VERY odd joystick issue

Post by Martyson »

@ fod .

Do you use FSUIPC ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
fod

Post by fod »

Fsuipc was installed but not used for axis assignment (never do) As I said I removed it but this had no effect - problem remained.
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Wonder if you could try actually assigning AP Off/On toggle etc. to another joystick button and then delete it? The assignment might be hidden?
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
fod

Post by fod »

Thanks - I had tried that to no effect,
However, I have found something even stranger - if I delete the AP master key assignment (ie delete Z) - pressing the z key still switches the AP off on the NGXu in v5 and of course the joystick button does the same? However for “simpler” aircraft - default and even including MJC Q400 - z key and joystick react as expected.
Now done a clean reinstall of V5 and NGXu and the problem remains! Something obviously happened yesterday when I was flying
But I cannot fathom what it could be ..........
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

fod wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:47 pm Thanks - I had tried that to no effect,
However, I have found something even stranger - if I delete the AP master key assignment (ie delete Z) - pressing the z key still switches the AP off on the NGXu in v5 and of course the joystick button does the same? However for “simpler” aircraft - default and even including MJC Q400 - z key and joystick react as expected.
Now done a clean reinstall of V5 and NGXu and the problem remains! Something obviously happened yesterday when I was flying
But I cannot fathom what it could be ..........
@ fod,
With PMDG the Z key is assigned (CDU options/menu/setup) by default.
You can delete it there or re-assign the function.
Best Regards,
fod

Post by fod »

Very Many thanks Vaughan - I missed that ( cocky and didn’t think I needed to go thro all those many many confit settings available) even after xxx years simming I still need to be reminded to RTFM
Now - I wonder if that somehow affects the joysticks - here we go.
fod

Post by fod »

Following your reply, thought it might be something to do with PMDG which also assigns the z key.
However, it was more devious - turned out to be a corrupt EZDOK3 - a reinstall solved it!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ fod ,

You are welcome.

I have not had that problem with Ezdok and I cannot recall it ever being reported.

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,