Strange issue with freezing display at one place

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Alox

Re: Strange issue with freezing display at one place

Post by Alox »

Do you normally run video recording during your flights?

No, I only record to share an unusual situation in order to this can be understood more quickly.

Regards.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Alox wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 am Do you normally run video recording during your flights?

No, I only record to share an unusual situation in order to this can be understood more quickly.

Regards.
@ Alox,

I always have problems with shaking , pauses, audio , stutters , when recording (for specific tests only) during a flight.

I thought the same watching your video.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jfri

Post by jfri »

Martyson wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:30 am
Alox wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 am Do you normally run video recording during your flights?

Regards.
@ Alox,

I always have problems with shaking , pauses, audio , stutters , when recording (for specific tests only) during a flight.

I thought the same watching your video.
I have my problem without doing any video recording. Btw how do you do a video recording ?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ jfri ,

Going back to your first post:
"A new issue has popped up in P3D 5 ( it was not there from start )."

Something changed on your setup.

As I previously mentioned:
You could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jfri

Post by jfri »

Martyson wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:20 pm @ jfri,

"A new issue has popped up in P3D 5 ( it was not there from start )."

You could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Since 5.1 was released I decided to follow the advice of completely uninstall P3D and make a new full install.
Result the problem appeared after installing the first ORBX scenery (GLOBAL+libraries) which is consistent from what I think I remember. That is the problem popped up after a ORBX libraries update. I even think the freezes are even more severe after the 5.1 release.
Now another very strange thing. Uninstalling the ORBX scenery didn't help in anyway. What conclusion can be made from that ?
jfri

Post by jfri »

I would like to take up this again. I am not the only one who has seen this so it's nothing specific about my computer. I did made a thread about this at the Orbx forums and they suggested it is something with P3D that causes it.
Some new information I have. The 5.1 HF did not solve the problem. An updated Orbx libraries did not solve it. Actually uninstalling Orbx scenery does not help. If I set both autogen slider to fully of the problem vanishes. But it come back if I raise just one of the autogen sliders one notch