P3Dv5 turned off problem.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
redsonssi

P3Dv5 turned off problem.

Post by redsonssi »

The phenomenon that the p3dv5 game turns off by itself is too severe.
I bought the p3dv5 yesterday.
I only had 2 perfect flights.
For the rest of the flights, the game was automatically turned off.
And I chose enhanced atmospherics in the options, but the check is automatically released during flight.
So when I check again, p3dv5 turns off.
Apart from that, during flight, when you set it in the options and return to the game, it also turns off.
I have a lot of problems with MSFS2020, so I opted for p3dv5. However, if this problem is not resolved in v5, I have no choice but to refund and return to v4.

I am not an English speaking person, so please understand even if the English sentences are weird.
JorgenSA

Re: P3Dv5 turned off problem.

Post by JorgenSA »

Redsonssi,

We will work around the language problem.

First of all, what are your system specifications, including Windows 10 version?

We would also like some information from your Windows Event Viewer, but because of the language differences I can only point out in English where to go.

First please note the time where P3D shut itself off. Then right-click on the Start button, and select Event Viewer from the menu (it is the third item on the list). In the Event Viewer, select Windows Logs, and after that select Applications. Now scroll to the time you noted, and see if you can find an event there that has a "Failing module" in it. Copy all the information from that event and post it here.

I hope this will work even if your Windows is not in English - let us know what you find.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:01 pm Redsonssi,

We will work around the language problem.

First of all, what are your system specifications, including Windows 10 version?

We would also like some information from your Windows Event Viewer, but because of the language differences I can only point out in English where to go.

First please note the time where P3D shut itself off. Then right-click on the Start button, and select Event Viewer from the menu (it is the third item on the list). In the Event Viewer, select Windows Logs, and after that select Applications. Now scroll to the time you noted, and see if you can find an event there that has a "Failing module" in it. Copy all the information from that event and post it here.

I hope this will work even if your Windows is not in English - let us know what you find.

Jorgen
Should I do it like this?
I don't know how.

Prepar3D.exe
5eebf566
KERNELBASE.dll
1b835a75
c0020001
0000000000043b29
2d4c
01d68dbdb994eec7
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
499ca640-75b4-47de-b0b7-fe0ea3bc25f2
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You are doing very well here - you have P3D v. 5 HF2, and it seems your problem is a kernelbase.dll issue.

What are your system specifications, including your version of Windows 10?

And what, tell us as precisely as you can, were you doing in P3D when this error happened?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:02 pm You are doing very well here - you have P3D v. 5 HF2, and it seems your problem is a kernelbase.dll issue.

What are your system specifications, including your version of Windows 10?

And what, tell us as precisely as you can, were you doing in P3D when this error happened?

Jorgen
Windows 10 Version 1909
AMD Ryzen 5 3500x 6-core
Ram 16GB
GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 super
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Try to do this, in the order given:

1. Update your Windows to version 2004, if that is available for your language

2. Update your nVidia driver to the latest available

3. If you know how to find your Prepar3D.cfg file, then (with P3D shut down) make or print out a backup copy of it, then delete the original file. Reboot your system, and when it comes back up, try to run P3D again and see if you can provoke the error with the fresh version of the file that has been generated. If the flights go OK, then add the changes from the backup file into the new file, one at a time, and see how it goes.

There is a thread on AVSIM that I am going to link to:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5473 ... ase-error/

Let us know how it goes.

Jorgen

redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:24 pm Try to do this, in the order given:

3. If you know how to find your Prepar3D.cfg file, then (with P3D shut down) make or print out a backup copy of it, then delete the original file. Reboot your system, and when it comes back up, try to run P3D again and see if you can provoke the error with the fresh version of the file that has been generated. If the flights go OK, then add the changes from the backup file into the new file, one at a time, and see how it goes.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorgen
Thank you. I'll give it a try.
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:24 pm Try to do this, in the order given:

Let us know how it goes.

Jorgen
I tried all the methods I told you, but the symptoms are the same.
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

Maybe it might be easier to just do a re install? Maybe there is a corrupted file?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I don't think it's a corrupted file, then the whole sim should not be able to run at all. But is is possible.

Redsonssi - can you send your Prepar3D.cfg file to me by PM?

Jorgen

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

JorgenSA wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:00 pm I don't think it's a corrupted file, then the whole sim should not be able to run at all. But is is possible.

Redsonssi - can you send your Prepar3D.cfg file to me by PM?

Jorgen
Why work by PM?

Working with members by PM after initial posted problem in the forum then the forum loses track of problems / methods / solutions ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Bill Gradwell

Post by Bill Gradwell »

Hello Vaughn

Good point there. We all need to learn from the forum.

As far as P3Dv5 is concerned. I have not yet completed a flight as yet.

Latest attempt:

Cruising at fl300 between Frankfort and Heathrow
VRAM 3.2 of 5.1 available monitored
8 core cpu running cool
Fresh updated version of Windows
GT X1060 6G Latest drivers
No Defender
No AV

...... crash to desktop!!!

Event Viewer saying problem module is P3Dv5 and a lot of numbers that mean nothing to me and most others

This forum is full of unhappy P3Dv5 simmers.

Regards
Bill Gradwell
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Bill,

Could you please post the information from your Event Viewer where it says "Failing module"?

The raw information is what is needed.

Jorgen

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Bill Gradwell ,

To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the
Faulting Module Name
example:
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Bill Gradwell wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:45 am Hello Vaughn

Good point there. We all need to learn from the forum.

As far as P3Dv5 is concerned. I have not yet completed a flight as yet.

Latest attempt:

Cruising at fl300 between Frankfort and Heathrow
VRAM 3.2 of 5.1 available monitored
8 core cpu running cool
Fresh updated version of Windows
GT X1060 6G Latest drivers
No Defender
No AV

...... crash to desktop!!!

Event Viewer saying problem module is P3Dv5 and a lot of numbers that mean nothing to me and most others

This forum is full of unhappy P3Dv5 simmers.

Regards
Bill Gradwell
@ Bill Gradwell,

Correct, not good to have P3D support in the background by PM.
The LM support should be inside the forum.

What is your default flight?
Do you re-boot the PC after each fligt or test?
Best Regards,