Next Hotfix

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
cstei255

Next Hotfix

Post by cstei255 »

I have not migrated/tested the new MS platform for simulation and won't for a bit - especially if P3D can make sure they support the existing versions. I understand it was not in the best interest to try and release updates while the spotlight was across the street, but MS has now released what I believe is the third update/fix for their sim. P3D V5 has several issues - I know many who have stayed w/ 4.5+ until the next hotfix for V5 comes out - my sense is this would be the time for the next update to come out to show that P3D is still planning to support their product.
P3D V5, FTX Products, Windows 10, i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super, JetMax, SimAvionics Software
Martyson

Re: Next Hotfix

Post by Martyson »

@ cstei255 ,

Additional information here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=139612
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Personally, I'm very happy with V4.5HF3 in my cockpit set up. I put off purchasing V5 due to all the problems everyone was having getting a stable system.
I have purchased MSFS and tested it for a week after release. Does not compare for connect ability and outside views (view groups) So back in V4.5. However, waiting for the next hotfix for V5 before purchasing as I want a stable system, out of the box.
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Developers confirm their products with each P3D release so that could add a few months.
I still have Add-ons not ready for the previous P3Dv5 versions.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
eburt

Post by eburt »

I would love to upgrade to V5 to take advantage of DX12 but just too many reported bugs at the moment so staying with V4.5HF3. I as well am waiting for a more stable V5 (in the form of hotfixes) before considering upgrading. Hope they come soon. I currently haven't installed MSFs2020.
Best Regards,
Ed Burton

P3Dv5.3HF2, W10, i9 10850KA, Asus Z490, 32GB Ram, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080,EVGA 2070 Ultra, 3 x 60" Samsung 180' View Group, 738 Cockpit using Prosim Flight Model and Avionics.
Ebertr

Post by Ebertr »

I do not understand why people always talk about so many bugs in P3DV5. The only bug I expierenced is the so called ATC window CTD which prevents me at the moment to use GSX. Of course, with a weak system their might raise some additional problems. It's interesting that people never run P3DV5 count together all problems they have read about anywhere in forums and then state that P3DV5 is not stable. I guess that many of the reported problems even user related.

Ruediger
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Ruediger, allow me to quote:

"I guess that many of the reported problems even user related."

Ain't that the truth. I have run into my own fair share of those myself, and have had (with my present graphics card) to lower my settings to make some issues go away.

We also still see users that will not, or cannot (because of the Windows language versions) update their Windows 10 or graphics driver to the latest levels. To those that will not, for various reasons, I can only say that you have to.

The issue with the ATC windows and the GSX issues boils down to, as far as I understand what has been going on in the forums, an issue with SimConnect. I also understand that this is being worked upon.

Thanks for your post, that deserves to be read by many -

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

From my limited use and research, they have nothing to provide a multiple view like P3D View Groups. At one of their conferences they said it would be developed 'in the future'. I see some people are stretching the main view but not having much success.
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
eburt

Post by eburt »

Ebertr wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:12 pm I do not understand why people always talk about so many bugs in P3DV5. The only bug I expierenced is the so called ATC window CTD which prevents me at the moment to use GSX. Of course, with a weak system their might raise some additional problems. It's interesting that people never run P3DV5 count together all problems they have read about anywhere in forums and then state that P3DV5 is not stable. I guess that many of the reported problems even user related.

Ruediger
You just answered your own question. Why upgrade and lose my GSX2 compatibility for one? I'm sure it's being worked on..so..yes..another fix needed. I could go on. I agree..many issues are created by users..but again..why upgrade to be a beta tester when I can stay with 4.5 and everything works? It's easy to be a critic..but reading the forum and seeing all the issues other users are having, well I'm pretty sure all the issues aren't user faults. It took 3 hotfixes to get 4.5 to where it is today. Do you believe those hotfixes were because of user faults. The current Hotfixes for V5, were they done to fix user faults? Probably they were the results of bugs. Very easy to blame the users. I suspect it'll take a few more fixes to get V5 there..if not more. When that happens, then I may upgrade.
Best Regards,
Ed Burton

P3Dv5.3HF2, W10, i9 10850KA, Asus Z490, 32GB Ram, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080,EVGA 2070 Ultra, 3 x 60" Samsung 180' View Group, 738 Cockpit using Prosim Flight Model and Avionics.
cstei255

Post by cstei255 »

Aussie1234 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:42 pm From my limited use and research, they have nothing to provide a multiple view like P3D View Groups. At one of their conferences they said it would be developed 'in the future'. I see some people are stretching the main view but not having much success.
I found this on reddit....if correct, the user says they have found a solution for MSFS and a screen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comm ... e_747_sim/

One of the comments in the thread said it was done via WidePSX and Immersive Display Pro. I am not familiar w/ WidePSX - looking into it now. Comment from user below:

6 hours ago
It's using a program called WidePSX previously used for projecting Aerowinx PSX visuals to P3D/FSX, but because of the simconnect similarities between the SDK for those and the new Sim, this works for providing a visual output for FS2020 on the 3 projector setup. The projector warping software is called Immersive Display Pro, and allows us to have a near 180° field of view, which as you can see looks very impressive in practice![/i]
P3D V5, FTX Products, Windows 10, i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super, JetMax, SimAvionics Software