Throttle 3 does not work with thrustmaster HOTAS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
HeloCFII

Throttle 3 does not work with thrustmaster HOTAS

Postby HeloCFII » Mon May 11, 2020 5:46 am

I have not been able to get throttle #3 to move using any of the following: Microsoft sidewinder, Thrustmaster HOTAS or Logitech X-56 throttles. I can pair 1 and 2 to the left but when I pair 3 and 4 only 4 moves. I have tried using my registered FSUIPC same negative results. I am using the P3Dv4 C130, Constellation and the Quality Wings Avro 146. Throttle 3 will move with the mouse.

Martyson

Re: Throttle 3 does not work with thrustmaster HOTAS

Postby Martyson » Mon May 11, 2020 7:03 am

I have not been able to get throttle #3 to move using any of the following: Microsoft sidewinder, Thrustmaster HOTAS or Logitech X-56 throttles. I can pair 1 and 2 to the left but when I pair 3 and 4 only 4 moves. I have tried using my registered FSUIPC same negative results. I am using the P3Dv4 C130, Constellation and the Quality Wings Avro 146. Throttle 3 will move with the mouse.
Are you using P3Dv4 HF1, HF2 or HF3 (P3Dv4.x.yyy) ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Mon May 11, 2020 8:34 am

And a very important question is: are these throttles all designed to be able to work together?

If you are doing something outside the design parameters, then you are pretty much on your own.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

HeloCFII

Postby HeloCFII » Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 am

I am using P3DV4 with HF3. But I had the same problem with all the previous versions of P3D and different throttles. WhenI bind all the sim throttles to one hardware throttle throttle three is the only one that doesn't move. But it does respond to the mouse. I tried using FSUIPC without success. It has to be something in the keyboard or axis options assignments?

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Wed May 27, 2020 9:54 am

The reason why you had this issue in other versions of P3D is that you are trying to do something outside the design parameters of the throttles - they are not designed to work together.

Your best hope for help with this, unless there is someone out there who has tried this, is to contact the various throttle manufacturers, but I would not be surprised if they answer on the same lines as above.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

HeloCFII

Postby HeloCFII » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:12 am

You misunderstand the problem. When I use a single throttle and map it as a single throttle, all the throttles in the simulator move except throttle 3. I can only move throttle 3 with the mouse and when i move the mouse to another position the throttle snaps back to idle. The thrustmaster throttle will move the all four throttles of the old Aerosoft A340. It worked correctly with P3Dv2. The throttle is not the problem. Somewhere there is a box or an option incorrectly checked. The throttle works correctly moving all four engines in XPlane 11

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”