SimObjects and Jetways flicker in v5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
fsgeek91

SimObjects and Jetways flicker in v5

Post by fsgeek91 »

This issue is linked to a previous issue I reported on flickering aircraft textures: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=138194.

SimObjects such as ground vehicles, and SODE jetways flicker very badly when the view is changes: https://youtu.be/D34XPbmiOEs.

Is LM aware of this issue, as well as the flickering aricraft textures?

Best regards,

Louis Vallance

Edit: Disabling Dynamic Texture Streaming eliminates the probem. That's a bummer, because DTS is a useful feature and flickering is a complete deal-breader for me...
Louis Vallance | P3D v5.3 (no shaders) | i9-9900K (OC @4.8GHz) | RTX 2080 v457.30 (no OC) | 32GB @2133MHz | Windows 10 20H2
Alox

Re: SimObjects and Jetways flicker in v5

Post by Alox »

Finally some else with the same problem, everytime that I look around from the virtual cockpit, the autogen bulding flickers for one second (Normal Bulding or ORBX BuldingHD) like the buses from you video is like they reload.

With same settings and same addons i don't have this behavior in P3D v4.

I hope they can fix because I lose the game immersion.

Disabling Dynamic Texture Streaming does not work for me.

Add ons P3D V5:
Orbx Global Base Pack.
Buildings HD.
Trees HD.
OpenLC North America.
FSGUN2020.

Hardware:
I7 4930 4.1 Ghz.
DDR3 48 GB 1600 Mhz.
RTX 2080 Super.
WD Blue Sata SSD.
Rampage IV Extreme.

Regards.
bvdboomen

Post by bvdboomen »

I've heard that indeed disabling Dynamic Texture Streaming is helpful. I myself have it disabled.
You could try turning on Vsync and Triple Buffering if you haven't already done that. That made the flickering disappear for me.
Alox

Post by Alox »

Hi.

Disabling Dynamic Texture Streaming did not work for me.

There is a example of how my autogen building-trees flickers for one second when I am looking around from the virtual cockpit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96k5z8e1d6z6e ... 5.mp4?dl=0

Please help me solve this problem because there is no point and I did not pay US $59.95 for flying like this.

Regards.
Alox

Post by Alox »

Please do not forget to address this problem in the next Hotfix.

Regards.
driver170

Post by driver170 »

I also experience this with V5 HF1
tauseefAhmed

Post by tauseefAhmed »

I reported the same issue some time ago. On V4.5 Hotfix 2.
No update from LM on this. The change log of V5 said this issue has been fixed. I haven't installed V5 yet, but it seems the issue still persists.
Here's the link for my post along with video that I posted.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9&t=136373
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Let me say first that I do not doubt at all that you guys are experiencing this issue.

However, I am not seeing it on my system, neither in v. 4.5 HF3 nor in v. 5 HF1, and both are installed here.

If it was a general issue then everyone would see it, and these threads would be flooded with reports of it.

I would think that if you experience this, you would need to experiment with your graphics settings, for example in this thread it was suggested to turn on VSYNC and triple buffering.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Alox

Post by Alox »

Hi.

What i have observed is that occurs since the clean installation of P3DV5. Since then I have been playing with the different setting on P3D V5 and Nvidia (from low to high settings) however I have not found how to remove it.

What I can say in my case is that this get worse with the following:
1.- When you increase some of the following settings: scenery complexity, autogen and scenery draw distance but especially autogen building density.
2.- When you start to add to many add ons: Orbx Global + Open Lc + Vector + Hd trees + Hd buldings + FS Global Ultimate - NG 2020.

I found other users reports about this problem in Orbx and avsim forums but everyone points out that it is something that LM has to fix.

Regards.
fsgeek91

Post by fsgeek91 »

I have had VSYNC and Triple Buffering enabled for as long as I can remember. In fact, I have never had to touch those settings since they appear to be enabled by default.

To Jorgen's comment about these forums not being flooded by similar complaints: There is an old adage from the UK broadcasting watchdog Ofcom that "one complaint to the regulator represents 1000 angry viewers."

The number of people who post in forums represents a very thin slice of the flight simulator community at large, and I wouldn't be surprised if many customers simply remain quiet in the hope that someone else will report the problem. After all, it's not just the LM forums we're investing time in, but PMDG, QualityWings, Captain Sim, Aerosoft, FS Labs, HiFi, ORBX, etc., etc., the list goes on. It's actually a very time-consuming endeavour which I'm sure a lot of simmers simply don't have the time for.

I installed P3D v5 on a freshly built i9-9900K (no OC), RTX 2080 (no OC), 32GB (no XMP), Win 10 system. Even with a 100% vanilla installation and no previous simulator versions installed on the system, sim objects, autogen and clouds have all suffered from flickering issues at one point or another, depending on various factors (one of them being the use of Dynamic Texture Streaming, which granted only came out after HF1). This issue spreads to other areas like SODE once you start installing add-ons.

Now of course I don't know exactly how rare this issue is. Perhaps we're just a vocal minority! What I do hope for is that LM are able to make the time to address the problem.

Best regards,

Louis
Louis Vallance | P3D v5.3 (no shaders) | i9-9900K (OC @4.8GHz) | RTX 2080 v457.30 (no OC) | 32GB @2133MHz | Windows 10 20H2
Alox

Post by Alox »

Problem solved with Hotfix 2.

Thanks LM.

Regards.
tauseefAhmed

Post by tauseefAhmed »

I'm installing V5 ATM. It's good to know that the issue has been resolved.