Version 5, Blurry Panels on Quality Wings 787

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Army Paratrooper

Version 5, Blurry Panels on Quality Wings 787

Post by Army Paratrooper »

Greetings from New York fellow simmers,

I am running the QW787 on P3D Version 5. My vc panels are very blurry. I saw a fix online that said to adjust the resolution in the panel cfg file line called "[Vcockpit01]" from 1024 to 2048 or higher. The problem is that are no lo less than five different panel cfg folders in the QW787 for P3D. They are labeled as follows:

panel
panel.hires
panel.hires_noRL
panel.low_vas
panel.noRL

Would anyone happen to know which one to adjust, or how else I can fix this? I've tried multiple variations, but none have worked.

My system specs are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Processor (16x 3.5GHZ/64MB L3 Cache)
Memory: 128 GB [32 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - G.SKILL Trident Z (RGB LED)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI - 11GB GDDR6 - GIGABYTE GAMING OC (VR-Ready)

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer.

Regards,
Jaime
JorgenSA

Re: Version 5, Blurry Panels on Quality Wings 787

Post by JorgenSA »

Jaime,

Is the QW 787 completely v. 5 compatible? I have seen problems with this reported before.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
BMW969

Post by BMW969 »

My panels are black. Impossible to fly.
Army Paratrooper

Hello Jorgen,

I did look into before making my purchase, and I did not find anything saying that it was not compatible.

Regards,

Jaime

Is the QW 787 completely v. 5 compatible? I have seen problems with this reported before.

Jorgen
[/quote]
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Jaime,

Did you see anything that said that it was compatible? That is what you need to look for - you may want to contact QW to see what they say.

Jorgen

Formerly Danish Army, 178 jumps
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Army Paratrooper

Hi Jorgen,

Always good to meet a fellow Paratrooper. Airborne!!! As for compatibility, I went by what the item said on Flightsim.store. If you go to the following url, yo'll see that it says both P3D v4/v5. The url is: https://store.flightsim.com/product/aer ... for-p3dv4/

Thank you.

Regards,
Jaime
rickman41

Post by rickman41 »

Army Paratrooper wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:07 pm Greetings from New York fellow simmers,

I am running the QW787 on P3D Version 5. My vc panels are very blurry. I saw a fix online that said to adjust the resolution in the panel cfg file line called "[Vcockpit01]" from 1024 to 2048 or higher. The problem is that are no lo less than five different panel cfg folders in the QW787 for P3D. They are labeled as follows:

panel
panel.hires
panel.hires_noRL
panel.low_vas
panel.noRL

Would anyone happen to know which one to adjust, or how else I can fix this? I've tried multiple variations, but none have worked.

My system specs are:

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI - 11GB GDDR6 - GIGABYTE GAMING OC (VR-Ready)

Regards,
Jaime
I would try disabling Real Light for sli graphics card setup in the quality wings dispatcher. That worked for me and a lot of other users. The problem seems to lie with the beta version of real light.

Ricky.
System: i9-9900K @ 5.1 GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XI, 32 GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM, GIGABYTE NVidia RTX 2080Ti graphics 11 GB DDR6 VRAM, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 4 TB, Windows 10 Home
EDJA_Spotter

Post by EDJA_Spotter »

Hello there, i had the same issue not only on the 787, first u need to try delete your saved settings. if that doesnt help try enanle the V/C Penals option in Display settings... that should fix it
Army Paratrooper

Hi Jorgen,

No, the only thing I saw that made think it is compatible, was the offer in the Flightsim Store which said it was for P3D v4 and v5. However, my issue has been mostly resolved. I disabled Mipmapping, and checked the box for High Resolution Displays in the QW Dispatcher. These things made it better, but I still have to zoom in a little for the best results. I didn't have to do this in FSX. Thanks for your help though.

Regards,

Jaime

Did you see anything that said that it was compatible? That is what you need to look for - you may want to contact QW to see what they say.

Jorgen

Formerly Danish Army, 178 jumps
Army Paratrooper

Hello, thanks for the reply. Where do I go to delete my saved settings? Do you mean for me to uninstall and reinstall P3D? I've tried, but it didn't work. Also, where in P3D do you enable V/C Panels? I do see lots of settings on the P3D Display Options screen, but I don't see anything that says "Enable V/C Panels".

Lastly, I did have some success by I disabling Mipmapping in P3D, and checking the box for "High Resolution Displays" in the QW Dispatcher. These things made it better, but I still have to zoom in a little for the best results. I didn't have to do this in FSX. Bummer.

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I too have heard about the issue with the Real Light beta. I had that disabled already. Here's what has given me the best results so far: I disabled Mipmapping in P3D, and checked the box for High Resolution Displays in the QW Dispatcher. These things made it better, but I still have to zoom in a little for the best results. I didn't have to do this in FSX. Bummer.

Greetings from New York fellow simmers,

panel
panel.hires
panel.hires_noRL
panel.low_vas
panel.noRL

My system specs are:

Regards,
Jaime

I would try disabling Real Light for sli graphics card setup in the quality wings dispatcher. That worked for me and a lot of other users. The problem seems to lie with the beta version of real light.

Ricky.