Prepar3d V5 and addon scenery

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
EKOTAMIKE2

Prepar3d V5 and addon scenery

Post by EKOTAMIKE2 »

I have been doing some testing with ADE V 1.79 and have found something interesting. I took the stock CYYC airport, did some major changes, compiled it and put the new airport in the addon/scenery folder. I checked to see that this folder was high up in the options list and when I fired up V5 I found I had both the old and new airports displayed. This also caused the terrain to have hills as if the whole airport was sunk into the surface. Next I turned off the 0201 scenery lib which is where the stock CYYC is found and Bam my new airport was displayed without the old stock version and without the hills in the terrain. So it would appear that V5 is not prioritizing and turning off the lower versions of the same airport.

If I have this correct I hope this can be fixed in the next hotfix.
Pete Dowson

Re: Prepar3d V5 and addon scenery

Post by Pete Dowson »

EKOTAMIKE2 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:04 pmSo it would appear that V5 is not prioritizing and turning off the lower versions of the same airport.

Don't add-on airports include "Deletion" codes to remove lower layer items which they will be replacing? That's how folks make airport parts adding to and not always replacing the lower layer airport, isn't it?

Sorry if I'm wrong. I'm not a scenery designer. I'm only just going from what I understood by deriving airport data for my "MakeRunways" utility.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
EKOTAMIKE2

Post by EKOTAMIKE2 »

Thanks Pete for your reply. Add-on airports have always been allowed in Prepar3d and the way they are handled is to allow another folder to house new airports and you specify the path in the scenery listing option. You can move paths up and down in priority, remembering that the higher in the listing - the more priority over lower listings, including the stock airports. This works fine in V4. I really think this is a programming issue.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Yes big problem herewith the sdk i try excluding default p3d v5 building but they still show up in the sim any ideas why ? V5 bug ?
Best regards
Marco
EKOTAMIKE2

Post by EKOTAMIKE2 »

If I'm not mistaken, LM have acknowledged that the exclusions are not working properly.