Rex "Sky force" not showing up in p3d

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
EvaTherese

Rex "Sky force" not showing up in p3d

Post by EvaTherese »

I have recently bought REX - REX 5 - Sky Force 3D, and its supposed to start automatically when I start the P3D, but do not. Clouds and weather are the same as before.
I installed the x64 version, is that the reason?
Have also asked the developer, but no replies yet, have also searched the forums..

Thankful for any inputs!
Eva
Blaunarwal

Re: Rex "Sky force" not showing up in p3d

Post by Blaunarwal »

Hi EvaTherese

Which P3D version do you use? According to Rex, Skyforce 5 works with any sim. Just start Rex Skyforce with or after Prepar3D. Of course you could add it to EXE.xml, if you know what you do.

Make sure to copy a Rex theme into the sim and let the life weather run. You will see better clouds and actual weather.

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
EvaTherese

Post by EvaTherese »

Hi Dan,

I use version 4.5, and I still see square clouds and bad graphic... I start the Rex before I start P3D...

I am not sure what you mean with "Make sure to copy a Rex theme into the sim and let the life weather run"?

in the manual I read:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not install REX Sky Force 3D into your main flight simulator folders or this may cause serious damage to your simulator files.

So I did'nt

Eva
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Yes, that´s correct, not the program should go in the sim, but the cloud textures. Rex is replacing your textures. So first you need to backup them with Rex Skyforce and then you select a theme you like or create your own and copy it into the sim. This is all done from inside Skyforce. The manual should help you there.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

At the moment Rex servers have performance problems. Maybe you can´t start the program and load weather. Active Sky doesn´t have problems (in case you have that too)
EvaTherese

Post by EvaTherese »

I have now gone through all settings, and backuped and restored files as the manual suggested, but was not able to find how to "copy it into the sim. This is all done from inside Skyforce" ?

According to the manual, it should now be automatically activated in P3D / So, I'm still at lost here...

Is the REX supposed to show up in the "Adds On" in P3D?

Eva
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Actually I have it uninstalled, since yesterday it performed very bad (servers they wrote) and since it does not accept my serial number, I can´t get in the program.

Within themes, you have to load a theme. Select one from the online themes. Then there is something like load into sim or so. That´s it. After that, you should have nicer clouds.

You can select 512 as size everywhere. I don´t see a difference to 2048, but the sim runs better.

Dan

P.S. hold on, my serial is accepted installing now.
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

As Dan says,
What should happen is: You run Sky Force. Select or build a 'theme' that you like. Save it. Then tell Sky force to load it into P3D. Sky force needs to know where your separate P3D is located. (Hence you do not install the Sky Force program in the P3D folder) It then backs up your original P3D sky textures and replaces them with the improved textures.
You can then close Sky force if you wish. (only open it when you want to try new textures)
When you open P3D the improved textures should be there. Check your resolution and the recommended Graphic/weather settings that they match what REX recommends.

(REX also makes Environment Force which utilises the textures from Sky Force and slowly evolves them based on local prevailing weather conditions. You open REX EF first and leave it running when you start P3D) Some people also use 'Active Sky for P3D v4' and that can use the inserted Sky Force textures.

Good luck
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Finally I could reinstall Rex Skyforce

First make shure, the path to P3D is set correctly:

Select themes on this screen:
The green rectangled big icon, which you can find also to the left above PTA.

Next you can select a theme:
Select community share themes below, then click the arrow to the right. You can view the theme with the view button right, install it with the Install butten on the left of the theme. I usually click the 5 star ones. But maybe thats a fake rating :)

After pressing the install button, your textures are in the sim an should be used. You can see a green bar, confirming the successful copy of the textures. Maybe you have to reload the sim first but changing the weather should do it too.

Make also sure, the weather engine is running. Click on Engine below, fifth icon from the left

Check Weather injection is both switches are green. It is not very fast. Takes 30 seconds and then you get a message in the sim, that weather is injected.

As Aussie said, there´s also a program Rex Environment Force. I uninstalled this, since it messed up my sim, resulting in corrupted shaders I couldn´t restore on the running sim. So I had to close it, copy in a backup and restart the sim. Takes 30 Minutes with me, since I have to many addons.

I like ASCA weather engine more, use only the texture set of Rex.

Hope you could add some nice clouds now. You can also change the clouds alone and create your own themes.

Regards

Dan
EvaTherese

Post by EvaTherese »

Thanks, Dan and Aussie - it works fine now, In P3D I get alerts when the rex is activating a theme, and I see the effect right away. nice!

Although, the airspeed indicator stops working when the rex starts activating - thats a bit frustrating mid air! I´ll post that in a separate topic...

Thanks for the help so far, you´ll hear from again soon, I´m sure!
Eva
EvaTherese

Post by EvaTherese »

Ops! I learned that flying in cold and snow blocks the pitot-tube, that stops the ASI to work. So found the heating switch and solved! No program-bug this time!

E.