square free spaces in the forest

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Fab18

square free spaces in the forest

Post by Fab18 »

Hi,
I did yesterday a fresh installazion (individuell components) with the P3DV4.5. At the moment I havn`t installed. any addon. The Scenery Library starts with Shaurah which is enabled. If I fly over forest deep and slow I see square free spaces in the forest. It looks like a square clearing. Every woodded area is affected worldwide. I have run already the repair tool without success. What else can I do to get complete forest areas back? Please help.
Thank you!
BR
Fabian
Spencer Nelson

Re: square free spaces in the forest

Post by Spencer Nelson »

Hello,

Can you post screenshots of the issue that you are seeing? This will help us identify the issue.
You can see how to post screenshots here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=122277

Also, please provide coordinates for examples of the issue that you are seeing.

Thanks,
Spencer
Fab18

Post by Fab18 »

Hi Spencer,

I still have this problem. I have square forest glades near Phuket. After fresh installation I have the complete forrest. But after a starting installing addons I am loosing forrest and getting this forrest glades. What can I do to get the forrest back? Meanwhile also other regions are effected but not as badly as Phuket/Thailand. I use ORBX Vector and Landclass. I use A-A scenery Phuket (for FSX) in P3DV4.5.A friend of mine is using the same scenery without any Problems in the P3D4.5 and with the whole Forrest. What can I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Fabian

Spencer Nelson

Post by Spencer Nelson »

Hey Fabian,

If everything seemed fine before adding scenery add-ons, I would recommend removing all add-ons and introducing them back one by one. This will help identify which add-on is the cause for this problem. Then you should contact the developer of the add-on.

More debugging tips can be found here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Thanks,
Spencer
Fab18

Post by Fab18 »

Hi Spencer

sorry, but I have to raise this topic again. Meanwhile I have uninstalled all of my addons, no addon was left and I still do not have full forest in that area. Can you please let me know which part of p3dv4 is responsible for the forest in that area? Which bgl-file in which folder? Yes I deinstalled and installed the sim completely new and even in this state, the forest in that region is not complete. Why? Under this circumstances I will not get in contact with the developer of the "Phuket scenery". Please give me the final coordinates (files/folder) where I have to look after. I found nothing like it in the forum. What file is responsible for the density of forest in that area? Please help.

Thank you
Fabian
ananda

Post by ananda »

As you are using photo-scenery, you need custom autogen.

Do you have adequate coverage?
Fab18

Post by Fab18 »

Hi Ananda,

no, I do not use a photo coverage of this area. I use ORBX Global, ORBX Vector, Building HD and Trees HD. Afterwards I have installed the airport of Phuket. That is what you see on my pics. And yes, I have uninstalled every addon separately and tested then that area, without success. Even when everything was uninstalled I still had only half displayed forest areas.
I used already the repair function which did not help. Other areas worldwide seemed to be o.k. I have uninstalled the sim and installed it afterwards totally new. Even then I had no full forest coverage in that area. Please let me know which file or folder is responsible for the forest in that area? Please help!

Thank you!
Fabian
downscc

Post by downscc »

I don't see a problem in that screen grab. Please describe exactly what is wrong.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Fab18

Post by Fab18 »

Hi Dan,

please have a closer look....you will see forest glades all over the pictures in elongate shapes. Each tile with forest on it should also show the forest. This is not the case in my sim. And that is my problem. In real life there is a lot of forest and I would like to see it otherwise I would like to understand what causes this wood clearing.

BR
Fabian
Fab18

Post by Fab18 »

Hi,

no one yet? I cannot be the only one with this problem. Please help.

Thanks!

Fabian
dshef

Post by dshef »

Hi, Fab18!
I also have this problem, on the screen.
However, it is not a forest, and the field set by the landfill. As you can see, when climbing to a certain height, my grass disappears, and the default terrain is shown.
This my scenery is from FSX, connected in Prepar3D v4.5.13 without changes.

The reason is clear: the scenery needs to be converted using the P3D V4.5.13 SDK. I am sure that everything will work normally after this.
Therefore, you will either have to accept the loss of the forest, or delete this scenario, because it is probably not compatible with v4.5.13

With respect

Fab18

Post by Fab18 »

Hi dshef,

thanks for your reply. I guess you have missumderstood me........I am not complaining, I am asking......I wanted to know, why I have this free spaces in the forest near Phuket. And yes, as written before in my sim were next to ORBX a lot of addons installed. Spencer told me, to figure out, if maybe another addon could cause this trouble. So I deinstalled all addons and still have this problem with my sim. Yes I know, that Phuket Airport scenery which was developed for FSX maybe fails in P3dv4. But on the otherside I have seen this addon working perfectly with P3DV4. I have asked, before I contacted this forum, in the German ORBX-Forum if somebody would be aware of this error. Kindly Wolfgang has reported with the same addon installation, who does not have these problems as I have. His advice back then, with ORBX Central 3, was to adopt his scenery order what I have done. No success!

Even if you only have a look at the pictures in the link below, you will see that Puket is working with P3dv4 without errors and missing forest representation. Therefore I ask again which file or folder is responsible for the forest in that area. Unfortunately, Wolfgang and I could not find the error, which is why I ask here in this forum.
And again I don't blame anyone.... I just want to understand...…

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175 ... nt-1537754

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Fabian
Fab18

Post by Fab18 »

Hi dshef,

thanks for your reply. I guess you have missumderstood me........I am not complaining, I am asking......I wanted to know, why I have this free spaces in the forest near Phuket. And yes, as written before in my sim were next to ORBX a lot of addons installed. Spencer told me, to figure out, if maybe another addon could cause this trouble. So I deinstalled all addons and still have this problem with my sim. Yes I know, that Phuket Airport scenery which was developed for FSX maybe fails in P3dv4. But on the otherside I have seen this addon working perfectly with P3DV4. I have asked, before I contacted this forum, in the German ORBX-Forum if somebody would be aware of this error. Kindly Wolfgang has reported with the same addon installation, who does not have these problems as I have. His advice back then, with ORBX Central 3, was to adopt his scenery order what I have done. No success!

Even if you only have a look at the pictures in the link below, you will see that Puket is working with P3dv4 without errors and missing forest representation. Therefore I ask again which file or folder is responsible for the forest in that area. Unfortunately, Wolfgang and I could not find the error, which is why I ask here in this forum.
And again I don't blame anyone.... I just want to understand...…

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175 ... nt-1537754

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Fabian
dshef

Post by dshef »

Hi, Fab18!
Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, I can 't answer this question. Somewhere there is a conflict between scenarios and the simulator.

Regards,
dshef