Low GPU and CPU usage with low FPS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
funknnasty

Re: Low GPU and CPU usage with low FPS

Post by funknnasty »

clement78 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 am Hi everybody,
I need a final check, I'm able to take an Intel I5 9600k but I'm also able to take a Ryzen 3600x.
I was about to buy the Intel one when I saw that : https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
If I remember correctly Prepar3d is a lot on the single thread performance and the new AMD cpu are exceeding the Intel CPU .
Could you confirm me that ?
Cordially
If you're not overclocking and since you're already on an AMD platform get the 36000X.

With regard to the Intel vs AMD single thread performance: Intel will usually yield far greater P3d performance. For example, my 6 core coffee lake is running all cores at 5.3 Ghz on a 5.0 ring bus and my branded 3200 c14 memory is running at 4133 c16. Add it all up and the Intel will bury the AMD.
clement78

Post by clement78 »

Hi everyone, Yesterday I just receive my Ryzen 5 3600x, my motherboard automatically overclock it to 4.4 ghz, I test it and I had a great surprise. In the worst scenario, with fslabs a321 at EGLL airport with Sliders almost to the right and a very bad weather with AS16, I can easily reach what I wanted, 25 to 30 fps. So yeah no need to buy an expensive Intel cpu. Maybe with an Intel CPU I would have slightly better performance but doesn't matter I'm happy with my Ryzen. Thank you for all your answer.
Clement
funknnasty

Post by funknnasty »

clement78 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:29 pm Hi everyone, Yesterday I just receive my Ryzen 5 3600x, my motherboard automatically overclock it to 4.4 ghz, I test it and I had a great surprise. In the worst scenario, with fslabs a321 at EGLL airport with Sliders almost to the right and a very bad weather with AS16, I can easily reach what I wanted, 25 to 30 fps. So yeah no need to buy an expensive Intel cpu. Maybe with an Intel CPU I would have slightly better performance but doesn't matter I'm happy with my Ryzen. Thank you for all your answer.
Clement
Congrats, Clement! I know the feeling :-)
Thank You for reporting back,
Ken
keny2323

Post by keny2323 »

Jorgen, with all due respect, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please don't give technical advice to people on this forum as it might cost people a lot of money unnecessarily. Thank you.