DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
CaptainAlex1

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by CaptainAlex1 »

Once I start my P3DV4 30-45 minutes later after getting into the plane it shows me a message that says "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" and it always Appears, I tried reinstalling and Disabling FSLSpotlights. I would like some help.
JorgenSA

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by JorgenSA »

Have you tried googling this error message?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
CaptainAlex1

Post by CaptainAlex1 »

Yes Indeed, I have tried googling a fix. Everybody said it was FSLSpotlights but I don't have them installed.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

It has been my experience that in many cases, even though I have uninstalled a product, some files etc. have been left over on my system.

I could assume by the letters FSL that this is a product from FS Labs - if it is, have you tried to contact them?

Others have solved this issue, which seems related to nVidia graphics card drivers, by doing this:

1. Reboot the system, then get and install the "DirectX Redistributables" from Microsoft. After installation, reboot again.

2. Run Windows Update, with the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" under Advanced options set on. Continue running Windows Update until no more updates are available.

3. Install the latest nVidia device driver.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
CaptainAlex1

Post by CaptainAlex1 »

I tried everything you listed and I have seen other people experience this issue and they just disabled FSLSpotlights I tried too but it didn't help.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

FSL Spotlights is a third-party product - have you tried to contact the manufacturer?

Jorgen

CaptainAlex1

Post by CaptainAlex1 »

Yes. They said to disable it and reinstall it but it didn't help
Avidean

Post by Avidean »

Is your system overclocked? Is you graphics card overclocked.

I had this same issue a while back and discovered that it was related to one of the voltage offsets in my bios being set a little to low. I ended up increasing it by something like 0.01v and I havent seen DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG since.

Sorry I can't offer more detailed description but research it first before you go messing with voltages in your bios unless you really know what you are doing.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You'll need to ask (not to say demand) the FSL people not how to disable, but how to completely uninstall (all files!) the Spotlight product, so we can see if that caused the issue.

Please note that this should also help FSL develop their product.

Jorgen

CaptainAlex1

Post by CaptainAlex1 »

Jorgen, I don't know how I fixed the issue but I just restarted my pc, Reinstalled the Spotlight, Restarted Again. I GUESS it fixed it because I tried for like 20-30 minutes to fly on the Aerosoft CRJ 700 but I won't close this topic because I am not sure if its fixe.
CaptainAlex1

Post by CaptainAlex1 »

I think I fixed my problem, my GPU was heating up quickly when it was loading because the application that sets the Fans speed was offline or set the fans to like 25 percent now it's on 95-100 percent and its ok I guess running for 45 minutes now
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Aha... yes, the graphics card overheating could cause all sorts of errors, and this could be one of them.

Jorgen