P3Dv4.5 Hotfix 2 scenery problem

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
kuba23999

P3Dv4.5 Hotfix 2 scenery problem

Post by kuba23999 »

Hello
I am the author of the scenery of UKKK Kiev Zhuliany. After updating P3Dv4 to hotfix 2, I noticed that my ground poly disappeared underground. I tried many things; new scenery export, ARP file for scenery / world / scenery, new CVX etc. I don't know what happend. Do you have any idea? Here is my scenery: https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Se ... &Go=Search

I attach some screens which shows my problem:

https://imgur.com/U9udQwB

https://imgur.com/aECB4zd
keenrw

Re: P3Dv4.5 Hotfix 2 scenery problem

Post by keenrw »

Great scenery Kuba23999 used it a few times but now sadly cant due to the same issue , i hope you and LM can find out whats wrong
downscc

Post by downscc »

Please take this to the FSDeveloper forum. I'd never expect LM to help with a 3d party addon but over at FSDeveloper you'll find dozens of enthusiasts eager to help each other on issues exactly like this.

Without looking at your problem and based only on your vague description I would use ADE to create an airport flatten background poly and set the correct elevation and when that is compiled your issue should be resolved (if it is what it sounds like).

You didn't mention if your update was client only or a full update. Makes a difference. Be specific in your problem descriptions.
Dan Downs
KCRP
kuba23999

Post by kuba23999 »

keenrw wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:45 pm Great scenery Kuba23999 used it a few times but now sadly cant due to the same issue , i hope you and LM can find out whats wrong
Hey. Thank you for your opinion.
downscc wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:51 pm Please take this to the FSDeveloper forum. I'd never expect LM to help with a 3d party addon but over at FSDeveloper you'll find dozens of enthusiasts eager to help each other on issues exactly like this.

Without looking at your problem and based only on your vague description I would use ADE to create an airport flatten background poly and set the correct elevation and when that is compiled your issue should be resolved (if it is what it sounds like).

You didn't mention if your update was client only or a full update. Makes a difference. Be specific in your problem descriptions.
I added a post to FSDeveloper a long time ago. link: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... em.446249/

Unfortunately, no one answered. In my case, I did an update (reinstall client and content). Many users have reported this error to me in this version of the simulator. I tried to add flatness in ADE, change the height of the airport, CVX from SBX but nothing helps..

Regards
downscc

Post by downscc »

Do you have the ADE ProKey option... costs just a few bucks. With it you can force a change to the airport elevation with the flatten poly because it will add an elevation stub to the \scenery\world\scenery folder. I've never had a problem resolving elevation issues with this simple method.
Dan Downs
KCRP
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

Did you find a fix for this issue at all?
kuba23999

Post by kuba23999 »

keenrw wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 am Did you find a fix for this issue at all?
Unfortunately not. I really don't know what happened to it ...
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

I wish they would not change stuff that aint already broken ... why was the need to change stuff ref the scenery any way? as its broken some add ons .
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

kuba23999 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 pm
keenrw wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 am Did you find a fix for this issue at all?
Unfortunately not. I really don't know what happened to it ...
There is an update on AVSIM that fixes it.. works great
ncooper

Post by ncooper »

downscc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:03 pm Do you have the ADE ProKey option... costs just a few bucks. With it you can force a change to the airport elevation with the flatten poly because it will add an elevation stub to the \scenery\world\scenery folder. I've never had a problem resolving elevation issues with this simple method.
Probably you know by now but one of the other party tricks introduced by "HF2" was to read the airport elevations from the top of the scenery library, rendering elevation adjustment files in scenery\world\scenery both ineffective and redundant at the same time.
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

ncooper wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:10 pm
downscc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:03 pm Do you have the ADE ProKey option... costs just a few bucks. With it you can force a change to the airport elevation with the flatten poly because it will add an elevation stub to the \scenery\world\scenery folder. I've never had a problem resolving elevation issues with this simple method.
Probably you know by now but one of the other party tricks introduced by "HF2" was to read the airport elevations from the top of the scenery library, rendering elevation adjustment files in scenery\world\scenery both ineffective and redundant at the same time.
Does that mean that any ALT files in there won't get read? if so can we move them to another folder, so they get seen?