Ground Scenery has large black/yellow areas

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Lucio37

Ground Scenery has large black/yellow areas

Post by Lucio37 »

I have p3d4.5 and FSX-SE on Windows 10 with GTX1060 video card. A few days ago I started getting large black and large yellow areas in the ground scenery of both programs. Buildings are OK. Both programs have ORBX. I have tried a different video card and different monitor with no luck. I uninstalled ORBX and the black/yellow areas persisted. I reinstalled P3D (twice). Still no luck. I have a game called Far Cry 5 and it has no black/yellow areas or patches. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions??
downscc

Re: Ground Scenery has large black/yellow areas

Post by downscc »

Please do not use the remove/install method of troubleshooting. Odds are that in this case you made things worse. If you have ground texture issues then it couldn't be video card or monitors, right? Don't know why you went down that path. The terrain textures are black where textures are missing, so removing Orbx without resetting P3D to default state is also another dead end. Why not use the Orbx Central to select that product that you have installed and select the Verify Files feature?
Dan Downs
KCRP
Lucio37

Post by Lucio37 »

I uninstalled and reinstalled p3d after I had removed ORBX, if that's what default state means. Also, I had already verified all the ORBX scenery areas. I have two different flight simulators and the only things they have in common are the monitor, video card, and ORBX.
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

I have a similar problem. I uninstalled the scenery using ORBX central, and and unchecking the scenery in P3D. The Monterrey airport in Southern California area looked awful showing black squares and other squares with different colors, even showing in some sections night scenery. I have an excellent computer I just had custom built for this simulator, and while trying the Beaver 2 from Milvitz on this airport I had really crappy FR. I can understand something like that happening with FSX but not with P3D. I moved the ORBX scenery from a regular hard drive to an SSD and and the beginning P3D crashed and the I realized it was trying to find the scenery from the old drive so I verified the files on ORBX central. After that it didn't crashed but ended up with corrupted files as I mentioned above. I uninstalled all the ORBX scenery through ORBX central again. I haven't tried to install anything back until I find out if there is anything else I should do.
I have a Geforce 2080 Super on my rig and 32 MB of RAM and my processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz.