P3D Minimizing at Regular Intervals

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Domingos

P3D Minimizing at Regular Intervals

Post by Domingos »

For a while (I cannot say since when) the sim minimises at regular intervals. As accurately as I could measure, every 2' 40'' the sim minimises. I am running P3D on a monitor and auxiliary tools on a secondary monitor (Navigraph Charts, Active Sky, vPilot and the BAV ACARS). Even with none of these tools running the sim minimises at the above mentioned intervals. I should mention that this does not happen while the aircraft is stopped on the ground.
When running the sim in a single monitor (no ancillary software) the sim blinks at the above mentioned interval but does not minimise.
I am running the last version of Windows 10 (1903).
I hope someone can help!

Kind Regards,

Domingos
FCXEVV

Re: P3D Minimizing at Regular Intervals

Post by FCXEVV »

Have you updated your graphics card drivers recently?
I had problems after updating drivers just after a windows update last week, now I don't know if it was drivers problem or a problem caused by the update but rolling back the graphics drivers stopped the problem.

regards

Steve
Domingos

Post by Domingos »

Thanks Steve for your reply. No, I haven't updated my GeForce board recently. I performed the Windows update recently, but before that I was already having the problem. As the period of the event is quite stable (2' 40'') it seems to come from some internal interrupt. I suspected Simlink, but the problem remained the same when I uninstalled it. As I said in my first message, it is worth noting that nothing happens while the aircraft is on the ground.

Regards,

Domingos
Domingos

Post by Domingos »

It seems I have found the cause for the sim interruption after reading a related problem in another forum. This interruption isbeing caused by FSUIPC, which I have set for saving the situation at 180'' intervals. I disabled the function and the sim operated normally without being minimised. This also explains why I had no minimisation while the aircraft was on land: FSUIPC does not performs savings while the aircraft is on ground...

But there is still a problem to be solved: I have FSUIPC working for a long time. Why only recently I had this problem? And what will be the correction needed to allow FSUIPC saves without disturbing the sim?

Regards,

Domingos
Domingos

Post by Domingos »

I have now found that the minimisation problem is not directly related with FSUIPC saving the flight. If I save a flight using the P3D function (;) I have exactly the same behaviour: it is OK with a single monitor, but if the second monitor is activated the sim is minimised. I am running the last version of P3D, as well as the last versions of Win 10 64 bit and display drivers.
I am not able to connect the occurrence of the minimisation problem with any change in my system.
I hope someone will be able to suggest a solution to my problem.

Kind Regards,

Domingos
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

It says in the intro to this section of the Forum that threads here might not be read by the L-M team. Better to re-post in the "Prepar3D Client Application Questions" part, where support requests appear to be answered, though not necessarily immediately.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
Domingos

Post by Domingos »