prepar3d.cfg

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
peterfly3

Post by peterfly3 »

Is there somebody able to answer to my question MY needed path is : C:\Utilisateurs\ACER\Mes documents\Prepar3D Files

WHERE TO WRITE IT ???

I think prepar3D needs an auto executable install procedure with a log of the procedure.

I will wait for the finished file which is just in beta !!!!
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Compare with an existing mission in P3D; look here >> disk:\missions\Emergency
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
peterfly3

Post by peterfly3 »

In the soft P3D I can't access to missions because LOAD does not run.

On the disk I can access to MISSIONS and Emergency in which there are CAP, category_images...

What do you want me to do ???

I have put a FSX.exe in P3D so as to install sceneries, planes.. I will delete it and try to LOAD in P3D. I will write what happened.
peterfly3

Post by peterfly3 »

It's change nothing. So I can't save and load a flight, open and create a mission. I can't use Flight deck 6 which allow using of carriers if you open a mission. I found nothing about using of carriers in P3D as shows in its beautifull trailer...

I will wait for the definitive P3D in some months!!!!

Thank you for your help, the soft is not yet finished
peterfly3

Post by peterfly3 »

I have uninstalled P3D. Not automatic !!! All running well after re installation. I re install SUPER HUEY from Simmarket. Then no access again to load and save. So who is wrong SUPER HUEY X 2012 PREPAR3D at Simmarket or P3D not enough up dated

I will wait for the definitive P3D in some months!!!!

Thank you for your help, the soft is not yet finished
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

The manufacturer http://flysimware.com/website/Bell205P3D.html tells other things in his license agreement...FSX +FS9...
peterfly3

Post by peterfly3 »

Yes But the tittle is Super Huey X 2012 Prepar3D !!

I will try my Carenados

From SimMarket :

SITE WEB

http://flysimware.com/website/index.html

ASSISTANCE

delivery_guy_1970@yahoo.com

POSSIBILITES DE LIVRAISON

TÉLÉCHARGEMENT DIRECT

FICHIER

116MB

AUSSI DISPONIBLE

FLYSIMWARE - SUPER HUEY X 2012 FSX

CLÉ D'ENREGISTREMENT

Clé d'enregistrement après achat, regardez la page détails de commande dans votre compte client.

NECESSITE

Prepar3D

EC120B

Post by EC120B »

Hi,

I had the same problem with saving flights.

It seems to me, that this problem only occures, when there where imported flights from FSX in the "Prepar3D Files" folder.

After I deleted them all, I'm able to load and save flights from P3D.

Maybe this could be the same reason with the Super Huey, assuming that there are some predefined flights in the package, which are made for FSX.

I'm not 100% sure, but here at my Comp I could reproduce it.

After copying one FSX-Flight in the ":\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D Files" Folder, no savings are possible.

Hope that helps.

Greetings

Marcus
peterfly3

Post by peterfly3 »

Thank you for the answer. You are right about After copying one FSX-Flight in the ":\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D Files" Folder, no savings are later possible.

Yesterday I have uninstalled P3D everywhere necessary. I have reinstalled it after a reloading of the basic P3D ZIP.

I avoid softs such as Flightdeck 6 or Seahawk with missions. Each time I load a plane or a scenery I load P3D and go into the menu to see if Load and Save are running. If not I uninstall immediatly !!! The F35 Lightning and the super Huey are running very well so as to land on Carriers.

Best regards

Pierre
kakusso

Post by kakusso »

Are this settings configured by default? they don't appear in prepar3d.cfg.

AffinityMask

HIGHMEMFIX

ForceFullScreenVSync

ALLOW_SHADER_30

MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS

if yes what is their default value?

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Run the tool as mentioned here: http://janvaane.org/virtualfsx/?p=113

Set affinity mask to 84 or 127 read the background stuff here: http://janvaane.org/virtualfsx/?p=4

kakusso

Post by kakusso »

hi Janvaane, I had already run the tool but I don't just copy the file because some of the settings reduce picture quality. I use only the ones above.

I was asking if those settings were configured by default because of the following:

Quote:
Quote from bhollis on November 3, 2010, 10:52

(...)

It should be noted that many of the configuration options are not included in the default config file because default values are used. (...)

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

...that's a message from 2 years ago...

I would suggest you rename the prepar3d.cfg into prepar3d_org.cfg and use the file you got from the tool. If you don't like it, you always can go back to your preferred situation.
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

Hi - this thread seems quite old-so I am not sure if this is the correct place to post?

I am trying to find the prepar3d.cfg file and am unable to do so, all I can find is the prepar3d.exe.cfg file.

I am trying to do the following as per the SDK manual.

"In order to receive run-time error messages on gauge scripts add the following line to the [Panels] section of the Prepar3D.cfg file (found in the C:\Users\%username%\Application Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder on Windows 7)"

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.
Snave

Post by Snave »

Check Windows options `Show Hidden Files and Folders`.

As you don't provide any system specs, copy the text to your windows `search programs and files` box and it will either take you directly to the option menu, or the help files which discuss where you might find that system setting on your rig.

While you are there also UNcheck the section `Hide extensions for known file types`.

No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...