v4 scenery library

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
dcmair

v4 scenery library

Post by dcmair »

Why is v4 so fingernail biting slow when either installing a scenery file, or uninstalling a scenery file. Just awhile ago I wanted to install a new St.Marteen. It took me exactly 10 minutes to uninstall a scenery & texture file. My other question is in the scenery library. Why can I not uninstall the files with the checks that are faded blue, and as you can see in the dark blue check it will let me uninstall no problem. I have pics to show but can't figure out how to get them on here. email no problem.
downscc

Re: v4 scenery library

Post by downscc »

Prepar3D does not install/uninstall scenery. This is the task performed by the installer provided by the 3d party developer.

I have installed the FlyTampa St Marteen, as well as most of their products and many more others and never noticed a problem with extended installation times. Perhaps you have an antivirus program that is slowing things down?

Your second question needs a little more explanation.
Dan Downs
KCRP
dcmair

Post by dcmair »

OK now that I gota response lets back this up. You click onWorld right? World shows up Scenery library
. On the right of that page you have Add area, edit area, delete area. With me so far??? On the left of either V4 or V3, you will see all installs of scenery. to the left of each scenery, you have check marks. Some check marks are either light blue or dark blue. If I click on scenery that has the dark blu check, then on the right edit are and all light up. Also when I click on the area that has the dark blu check the whole scenery line blues up along with the edit are boxes. |So now I can click on delete area and that scenery will go as its supposedto. With me so far. Now just above that scenery that I deleted in the scenery library, is |StMaarten. Now its checkmark is not dark blue but light blue. When I click on it only the add area box, and moveup & move down show up. lighted. not edit area or delete area, and when clicked on StMaarten the whole line of Maarten which has the path in it does not blue up. I do not think it is correct to go to the addon scenery file in Windows explorer and delete it out of there. So now tell me how you delete a scenery our of World\Scenery Library, when you click on the scenery and the DELETE AREA box does not light up. And you cannot move the scenery down into the area where the check marks are dark blue to delete it. I have figured just now that the dark blue check boxes and aligned only with the "addonscenery" file in the program right? So now I think as you may have said above, that you go to FSDT, TNCMC8KD5KK84K4For ORBX to deltet the file. AM I NOW ON THE RIGHT TRACK//
downscc

Post by downscc »

All of my FlyTampa sceneries (13 plus their library and scripts) are installed using the add-on.xml method. Read the document that came with StMaarten, pg 4, and note instructions using their "Add-to-P3D.cmd."

Since P3Dv4.0, the preferred method of adding addons does not use the legacy Scenery Library. Use the scenery library only for addon's that either specifically instruct to do so or those not created for P3Dv4.

See also Addons in the Learning Center.
Dan Downs
KCRP