Two 49" curved monitors as landscape look

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Mikesim

Two 49" curved monitors as landscape look

Post by Mikesim »

Hi all,

I am presently working (landscape) with three 27" LG monitors (resulution set to 1.920 x 1.080) powered by a ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11G Gaming 11264 MB GDDR5X and using the Nvidia technic that expands the scene over all three monitors (just forgot the correct expression, means I do not "build" single pictures.)

The Mainboard is a ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z370, RoG 1151, the Core a i7-8700 with a special overlocking (Bauer) 5,1 GHz.

P3D v4.5 with highest "resolution" etc, Dynamic Lighting activ, the simulator runs smoothly (ProSim displays, CDU are on a second PC).

The three 27" monitors just cover the front view and I would like to expand it into at least part of the side windows. Since I do not have the space for a beamer solution I am thinking of using two 49" monitors (which make 4 x 27"). I wood stick to the corresponding resolution of 4 times 1920 (7680)x1080, what my GPU (max resolution 7680 x 4320) should be able to make.

Besides the expanded side view the further improvment was to have onla one frame in the middle instead of two now.

I am not an expert at all, as far as all this resolution problematic is concerned.

Somebody working with such 49" curved monitors ?
And anything else I am overlooking or would have to take into consideration?

Best regards
Mike
Mikesim

Re: Two 49" curved monitors as landscape look

Post by Mikesim »

Found most of my questions answered meanwhile.

But still one question remaining.

Using two monitors, does the frame in the middle effect the rolling/sight on the runway, because the middle stripe might change from one monitor to the other (hope one can understand what I am taking of - can`t explain it better.

Best regards
Bernd
Mikesim

Post by Mikesim »

Realy nobody using monitors (two f.
e.), that the the runways Center Line is covered by the Center frames? And If so, ist this a major disadvantage or Not really a problem ?
Jim Harnes

Post by Jim Harnes »

Hi Bernd,

For what it's worth, when I used two 22-inch monitors the runway centerline was hidden by the monitor bezels. Suspect it would be the same for 49-inch monitors given the way the outside view is rendered.

Best,
Jim
Mikesim

Post by Mikesim »

Hi Jim,

thank you.

That´s what I suspected but I wanted a second opinion, to be sure not overlooking something. Parallax, but that´s nonsense as long as we do not "3D Movie - Simulation".

So best would be to take a 49" with two 27" monitors from the same line with equal frames. Samsung should have it with a bending radius of 180 cm. That should make an arc length of approx. 220cm and would be a major improvment compared to my three 27" monitors now.

Best regards
Bernd