Viewtracker?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
mk108

Viewtracker?

Post by mk108 »

Hi, has anyone managed to get Viewtracker working with P3D? I have used TrackIR for a few years but would like to find an alternative as I'd rather not have to wear hat or headphones. I have a trial version of this and although it works well enough with some things I just can't get it going properly with P3D. I have chaseplane, don't know if that is related to my problems or not. Regards, Mark
CplDaniel

Re: Viewtracker?

Post by CplDaniel »

Tobii, maybe? Their website says they have supported head & eye tracking for Prepar3D starting in April, 2018
Daniel
CplDaniel

Post by CplDaniel »

Unfortunately, the head tracking is not calculated by onboard integrated hardware like in TrackIR. Instead, it's a calculation offloaded onto the primary CPU through software. The website says too expect a 5% hit on CPU recurses. Damn shame. I wanted to use Tobii, but dammmit I need my CPU's! I guess we could assign it to a core that's not set aside as dedicated to keeping the flight sims running fast
Daniel
mk108

Post by mk108 »

Thanks Daniel, think I'll stick with TrackIR. It's not done me any harm, even though I don't like wearing hats indoors on warm days! Regards, Mark