How to Set/Change Realism Settings using SimConnect Interface

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
zamirk

How to Set/Change Realism Settings using SimConnect Interface

Post by zamirk »

Dear LM Support,

I want to set CrashDetection, CrashWithDyn and StressDamage flags from Simconnect Interface, these flags are belongs to [REALISM] section of Prepar3d.cfg file, i tried to find client events or simulation variables for setting these flags from Simconnect but unfortunately could not find any client event or variable.

Kindly help me, is it possible to set/change Realism configuration setting of P3D using Simconnect Interface?

Thanks,

Regards,
zamirk
WarpD

Re: How to Set/Change Realism Settings using SimConnect Interface

Post by WarpD »

I do not believe there is a way to do that. Since this is software used for real world training, being able to turn off realism items "on the fly" may not be a good thing when it comes to certification. Just a thought.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
zamirk

Post by zamirk »

Hi WarpD,

Thanks for your reply and thoughts. I think, if LM provided this option in Settings dialog, then it can be done during mission, if scenario builder has allowed the trainee for changes. That is why I am asking to achieve this task with the help of programming so that I can provide this option in my gauge as I have disabled the settings dialog for my solution.

Regards,
Zamirk
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

I think you misunderstood me. When I stated I don't think it can be done, I meant that they haven't provided a way to do this.

Also, anything like that setting that can be changed on the fly by the trainee is rife for cheating (for lack of a better word). I can see potential issues if it's exposed programatically.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
zamirk

Post by zamirk »

May be I am still couldn't understand your point.
Let me rephrase my question "Is there any way to change CrashDetection, CrashWithDyn and StressDamage with the help of P3D SDK"?
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Not that I am aware of, realism is a setting stored in the scenario file.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation