Prepar3d v4.5 and 3 monitors

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
BlueBird1

Prepar3d v4.5 and 3 monitors

Post by BlueBird1 »

Hi all,
After te FlightSim Expo in Orlando...I bit the bullet and got a new computer... I7...GTX 1070....I have 3 monitors.... all work great... center is 27"... left and right are 24"..... the 27" is HDMI to graphics card... and the 24" monitors are DVI to display port on the monitor.

The question is.....how to set up P3d to run 3 monitors without it looking distorted

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
CplDaniel

Re: Prepar3d v4.5 and 3 monitors

Post by CplDaniel »

That sounds like an Nvidia forum question, or a Radeon Eyefinity question (depending on the graphics card manufacturer)
Daniel
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

For external views you basically just create a P3D View Group and make sure you enter the correct ratios. Good idea to read the View Group help file or watch the YouTube videos? Can't say I have tried it for virtual cockpit.
(I don't understand why would you need to go to an Nvidia forum?)
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

I have three 27in monitors. I found Viewgroup by accident. All I did was right mouse click on the screen when in flight and select View Group Menu\Span all screens and the view is spread over my three monitors nicely. Try this first. If not try the other suggestions.

Cheers,

gibo.
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

thanks all... I'll read and go to youtube on the View Groups...

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

ok,... have the 3 screens working... however... I am not sure of how to line up the left and right screens so they are level coming across the monitors.....I would insert an image but it doesn't let me

Thoughts?
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

When I went to try and adjust views... then got really messed up...

IOne would think there would be a few click buttos to set up 3 monitors for P3d... but its not as easy...

I am running an extremely high end system.. with 1070 nvidia card... 27" has HDMI (Main screen), my 2 24" is DVI to display ports.... certainly other simmers are running 3 screens??

Any assistance appreciated (frustrated right now)... thanks in advance

Bluebird 1
barrykensett

Post by barrykensett »

I drive four screens, two 47” and two 40” but the centre two are through a Matrox card so effectively three screens. I have always had success with dragging undocked windows onto the side screens and zooming and moving to line up. Result can be seen on my web link below.
My only ambition is to be able to pan all screens together (well a real aircraft can’t do it so why should I worry ?)
I tried playing with view group but never got it working, must try harder. I think it would be easier if all the screens were same size. Will monitor this post for ideas on way forward.
Barry
www.a320sim.com
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

thanks Barry..... that's what I have been trying is the View Group... but that's extremely difficult.... let me give what you said a try and THANK YOU in advance....will follow up and let you know results sir.

Respectfully,
Bluebird1
(Bill)
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

How do you drag undocked windows? If it helps what I am trying to do is use center 27" as main screen, ie front window....then have the left 24" monitor like you are looking out the left window of the cockpit, and same on right side... hope that makes sense....

Respectfully,
bluebird1
barrykensett

Post by barrykensett »

Select new view, click on it and select undock. Then drag it to the side screen, stretch or full screen it on your side monitor.
You then have to pan and zoom to line up with centre view. When you have got the screens set up be sure to save the flight, they will then be there when you start up again.
If this doesn’t make sense I’ll go into my sim to do a better step by step.
Barry
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

ok Barry... thanks... will try that after getting home from work tomorrow..... have to hit the hay haha

Respectfully,
Bill

PS I will follow up and tghanks on patience and assistance
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

hey barry... what I did... per your advice.....just as you said...main panel is cockpit view... I then did virtual cockpit view (new View, undocked window, moved to new screen sized it up... both sides... saved as default.... so far working... not sure how to adjust views from left window and right... where building looks stretched out a bit... but getting there....

testing in air real quick before bed
BlueBird1

Post by BlueBird1 »

If I put everything in 3d.... I get the left window and cockpt lined up great... just have to work on the right side... but that works sir... thanks... whew!!!!

Now its figuring out some of the building stretching... :)

Respectfully,
Bill
barrykensett

Post by barrykensett »

I don’t really notice building stretching, it must exist because you are looking along a building rather than straight at it. May be more noticeable the further away to right or left you look. I find the side views contribute to the immersion feeling, the sides are peripheral vision mainly except taxying so slight perspective anomaly isn’t an issue in practise.
Presume you know how to set up camera.cfg for fine adjustment of pan and zoom, if not I’ll dig it out. Don’t have it stored in brain, something like changing four entries from false to span.
I will still go back to view groups when I have time to concentrate.
Barry