[RESOLVED] Using DIS Engagement Lines or Ribbons for Aircraft

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Kleblanc24

[RESOLVED] Using DIS Engagement Lines or Ribbons for Aircraft

Post by Kleblanc24 »

Hello again, so I saw the DIS engagement lines feature in P3D v4, but is there a way to use that for aircraft in general, and not just weapons? I'd like to be able to visualize a recorded flight path in P3D, and the engagement lines seem like the closest way to achieve the desired visual effect, but so far it appears they are reserved for the weapon visualization in DIS only. If I can't use that feature for this purpose, (and if you have any ideas, not asking for a list of detailed solutions here) is there any other way I could achieve this through other means? Even just a lead on where to investigate would help, I'd very much appreciate any suggestions!
BenBaron

Re: Using DIS Engagement Lines for Aircraft

Post by BenBaron »

Hi,

I don't know exactly what you want to achieve or what this DIS weapon stuff is about, but maybe the IObjectRendererV440 from the PDK would do you something good? It can render primitives into the P3D world and has a DrawLine() method. Maybe take a look at it?

All the best,

Benny
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

The Navigation Visuals UI allows you configure and enable SimObject ribbons. These 3D ribbons follow objects as they move around the world.

Also, the Advanced Configuration section of the Learning Center describes how to further customize ribbon color based on association ID's.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Kleblanc24

Post by Kleblanc24 »

Clifton Crane wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:58 pm Hello,

The Navigation Visuals UI allows you configure and enable SimObject ribbons. These 3D ribbons follow objects as they move around the world.

Also, the Advanced Configuration section of the Learning Center describes how to further customize ribbon color based on association ID's.
Hi, I appreciate the responses, sorry about replying so late. I completely glossed over the navigation visuals feature. That is pretty much exactly what I needed, thanks. I would call this solved, thread can be closed.