Access to - is denied.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Neil Gardner

Access to - is denied.

Post by Neil Gardner »

Hello,

This is more of an irritation than a major problem but every time I run P3dv4, after I close it down there is a small white box in which is written: 'Access to - is denied'. It doesn't say what it is that I am denied access to, the first two words are above, the second two are below. There are three boxes as though whatever attempted access to what, did so three times. There does not seem to be any major effect on the program or add on's but there is lots of irritating time consuming faults that have to be periodically put right like errors on scenery etc. It can all be put right eventually but as I say it is an irritation. Could anyone shed any light on the matter.

Thank you

Neil.
DaveWG

Re: Access to - is denied.

Post by DaveWG »

Did you recently install the SWS Phantom and/or Midway?
If so, the problem lies with those.
Neil Gardner

Post by Neil Gardner »

Yes I have! Aaaah well. Thank you. Is there anyway of getting rid of it without losing SWS? Thanks.
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

Not that I know of, sorry.
modology

Post by modology »

Neil Gardner wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:20 pm Yes I have! Aaaah well. Thank you. Is there anyway of getting rid of it without losing SWS? Thanks.
I don't know much about that addon, however I do know quite a bit of solutions for Access Denial. A Simple and Thorough fix, which I highly recommend you do, is mentioned here:

Open the containing folder, this can be the addon's gauges, model, etc. Go into the properties of every file within the folder, click on the security tab, click on EDIT, then you see a list. Click on the Users option (normally at the bottom of the list) and then go the the second box and CHECK "Full Access." Hit apply and ok.

If you don't want to do that entire process, try and find the actual file that is denying you access, and do the same steps for permissions. As I said I am not familiar with the addon, but a tip would be launching "Event Viewer" > Windows Logs > Application, and then launching P3d and using the addon, monitor the event viewer till errors show up, one of them will surely be related to the error. In the error description below, it will have a file path, which will then lead you to the file in which you can change the permissions. Hope I wansnt too confusing.
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that later.
I have tried setting the permissions as you suggested before, but at a folder level rather than individual files, but that did not work so I'll try your way tonight.
Of course this isn't something the end user should have to do.