Misaliged Jetway/Parking Spaces

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
bribeth

Misaliged Jetway/Parking Spaces

Post by bribeth »

Good morning,

I have this problem with alot of default airports. The jetways and/or parking is misaligned. I thought it was a FSDT problem at first, but not sure it is. I cannot find any conficting AFCAD's as far as I know. This is in BIKF. Any ideas? (I just updated my scenery today).

Brian A. Neuman
KAVQ
Blaunarwal

Re: Misaliged Jetway/Parking Spaces

Post by Blaunarwal »

Could it be, the jetways on your picture are for a 3rd party scenery, not for the default? The 3rd party scenery could be shifted a bit. Sometimes the default is not on the exact place, where 3rd party sceneries are mostly perfectly placed. So if the jetways (GSX-SODE) are made for this, I would expect a picture like this.

Dan

P.S. On my BIKF the jetways are on the buildings. I did never touch BIKF
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Default KBIF has no gates.

Nearby airport, KELP does have gates/SODE jetways.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

bribeth wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:40 pm I have this problem with alot of default airports. The jetways and/or parking is misaligned. I thought it was a FSDT problem at first, but not sure it is. I cannot find any conficting AFCAD's as far as I know. This is in BIKF. Any ideas? (I just updated my scenery today).
I am trying to parse your problem description and I can't... you first imply a default BIKF and then you say you updated scenery... is it still a default BIKF? Why did you update scenery and precisely what scenery did you update?

Why did you suspect FSDT if this is a default scenery? I'm so confused.

Finally, those gates do look like the default GSX L2 SODE replacements for default jetways and this could be a botched attempt to use the FSDT GSX L2 product, which will place the SODE jetways at the location of the default jetways after selecting to exclude default and then using the FSDT GSX Control Panel to compile the exclude bgl file.

Perhaps this belongs in the FSDT forum?
Dan Downs
KCRP
bribeth

Post by bribeth »

Sorry I didnt make it clear,

This is with the ORBX Iceland Demo. I blamed FSDT because when I disabled the SODE Jetways and went back to default, the default ones were in the right place. It has been seen at a couple airports but this one is the most obvious.
Brian A. Neuman
KAVQ
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

bribeth wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 pm Sorry I didnt make it clear,

This is with the ORBX Iceland Demo. I blamed FSDT because when I disabled the SODE Jetways and went back to default, the default ones were in the right place. It has been seen at a couple airports but this one is the most obvious.
Thats a landclass product I highly assume. There is no airport shown in ORBX Iceland Demo. Also on your pictures, it looks like a default airport regarding the buildings.

Now I guess you have GSX2 Jetway for some commercial scenery of BIKF and becaues the corresponding 3rd party scenery is missing, you have this problem. That is because you mentioned FSDT.

As I said before, I checked the place on my P3D4.5 HF1 and it looks the same, but the jetways are correctly on the buildings. I even see the same taxiway fault below the aircraft.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
tdumontelle

Post by tdumontelle »

I had an issue with no Jetways at default KCLE. It turned out that UTX repositioned the airport slightly causing the gate problem. I moved KCLE out of the repositioned airport list in the UTX interface.

I also had an issue with mis-aligned parking spaces at a freeware KORD causing problems with GSX services. GSX by default, when it scans airport files, ignores bgl's over a certain size (assumes they are not airports). There is a way to increase the size of the bgl that is read---a bit complicated to explain, but if you search a bit the answers are on the GSX forums.
I4790K 4 core at 4ghz w/HT
EVGA 1660TI 6gb
16 RAM
Windows 7 64bit
27 inch monitor at 1080p (60hz only)
Active Sky P3d, UTL, UTX, FTX Global Base, Vector, NA landclass
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

This is what I see at default P3D BIKF with SODE jetways.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

It is not a problem to replace the default jetways with sode jetways but with jetways specificaly added and moved to match another than the default scenery. I only know Aerosoft Keflavik. Ini Builds made a sode replacement for this product. If you use this for the default scenery, that could result in this picture.