P3D V4: Default CESSNA & other aircraft not appearing!!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Captain Santa

P3D V4: Default CESSNA & other aircraft not appearing!!

Post by Captain Santa »

Hi guys. I have purchased and installed P3DV4.

There are default aircraft in the "Lockheed Marting/PREPAR3D/simobjects/airplanes" folder (I may not have typed that totally as it is on my OTHER computer) but the gist is there. The CESSNA's and lots of other aircraft folders are in there but they do not show up on the vehicle selection menu within the simulator.

Having read previous OLD comments on this issue:
(i) there are no "Panel=OFF" lines in the aircraft.cfg files and
(ii) I have NEVER tried to transition across old FSX planes to PREPAR3D. They are already there in the P3D v4 folder as per above and obviously installed onto my computer when I installed P3D! I am assuming that they're supposed to be included for flying in P3D v4 or is there some further subscription upgrade required to be able to access them??

If I am supposed to be able to access them, can someone please advise what can be done to make them active and appear in the selection menu within the SIM please? Or is this a Query Ticket log item for L/M to address?

Many thanks in anticipation
Paul Motu
Martyson

Re: P3D V4: Default CESSNA & other aircraft not appearing!!

Post by Martyson »

Captain Santa wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:46 am Hi guys. I have purchased and installed P3DV4.

There are default aircraft in the "Lockheed Marting/PREPAR3D/simobjects/airplanes" folder (I may not have typed that totally as it is on my OTHER computer) but the gist is there. The CESSNA's and lots of other aircraft folders are in there but they do not show up on the vehicle selection menu within the simulator.

Having read previous OLD comments on this issue:
(i) there are no "Panel=OFF" lines in the aircraft.cfg files and
(ii) I have NEVER tried to transition across old FSX planes to PREPAR3D. They are already there in the P3D v4 folder as per above and obviously installed onto my computer when I installed P3D! I am assuming that they're supposed to be included for flying in P3D v4 or is there some further subscription upgrade required to be able to access them??

If I am supposed to be able to access them, can someone please advise what can be done to make them active and appear in the selection menu within the SIM please? Or is this a Query Ticket log item for L/M to address?

Many thanks in anticipation
Paul Motu

What you mention could be un-flyable AI aircraft.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

All Textron products have been removed from the simulator.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Captain Santa

Post by Captain Santa »

But it is still putting the folders into the P3D simobjects folder?? And they're not empty!
Darrylacw579

Post by Darrylacw579 »

Has a fix been found for this issue?

I have the same issue, my P3D aircraft library does not show any of my aircraft from my simobjects/airplanes folder.

I have checked to make sure that specific line is in the simobjects.cfg which it is and yet ...the only aircraft that show are FSLABS and others from the Documents/P3D addons folder.

Anyone else know a work around to resolve this annoyance please?

Best
Darryl
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Darrylacw579 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 pm Has a fix been found for this issue?

I have the same issue, my P3D aircraft library does not show any of my aircraft from my simobjects/airplanes folder.

I have checked to make sure that specific line is in the simobjects.cfg which it is and yet ...the only aircraft that show are FSLABS and others from the Documents/P3D addons folder.

Anyone else know a work around to resolve this annoyance please?

Best
Darryl
Which P3D product / version?
The default vehicles are listed here .. do you have them / load them?:
https://www.prepar3d.com/vehicles/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)