"Standard" TargetingPod.dll

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Irno590

"Standard" TargetingPod.dll

Post by Irno590 »

Hi , in P3Dv4 now it's possible to add a Flir Target Cam to follow, zoom and catch the target. I read your instructions and add into Helicopter AW139 by Carlos Palacio, a new 'CameraDefinition' with 'TargetingPodView' title and ScaleformOverlay for the TargetingPod.swf, in panel.cfg added a new 'windowXX' with texture00 =TargetingPodView, 0, 0. The Cam works perfectly, but the keys map works just on the F-16 or Fury 1500 because they have .dll file. I've Visual Studio 2017 but I'm not a developer and I don't know how create a TargetingPod.dll file to specifically aircraft.
It's would be possible to have a "standard" TargetingPod.dll just for use this keys?
- Camera Rotation (left/right) - Hotas Slew (left/right axis)
- Camera Rotation (up/down) - Hotas Slew (up/down axis)
- Toggle Sensor Mode - Hotas generic key (A0)
- Lock target or ground location - Hotas generic key (A1)
- Zoom in camera - Hotas generic key (A2)
- Zoom out camera - Hotas generic key (A3)

Thanks for your time!!!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: "Standard" TargetingPod.dll

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

You can assign controls to the controllable camera used by the targeting pod. Search for "Controllable Camera" in the controls UI for these assignments.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

Thanks for your answer, I've try to use "Controllable Camera" in the UI, the keys assing correctly but just on F-16 or Fury1500. If you look my video, show how the TargetingPod.swf file works in other aircraft but can't move the view... sorry for my ask, I'm not a developer and I don't know how make an xml or dll, I bought the v4 Academic version, maybe I need of the Pro Plus Version? Thanks for your time!
https://youtu.be/AwTdxxFopbU
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Sorry, I misunderstood the problem. You will need to install the SDK and also compile the Targeting Pod sample using Visual Studio 2017. This will output a TargetingPod directory including the TargetPod.dll that you can copy in your "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" directory. The dll is needed to process the key/joystick commands.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

Thanks Again for your support Rob! I've already SDK SDK 4.4.16.27106 and Visual Studio 2017, but I'm not a developer and I don't know how start... There is a Pay Service to compile and generate this .dll ?
Thanks Again for your Time!

Best Regards
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

this is my actual situation...
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

After you build the solution you should see an Output folder in your SDK install location. There will be a TargetingPod folder in there that you can copy into your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons directory. You should then be able to control the camera.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

Thanks Again Rob, I'm searching on many Forum, FB pages and groups a Developer for help me to build a 'solution' but no one answer me... I would pay the job!
If you can or want to help me, I write you in private.
Sorry Rob, I don't want disturb you again, I bought P3Dv4 few days ago after many many years with FSX, for me right now P3D is the Best Sim on the World, and I will not change never! This Addon Camera it's Amazing and complete my home helicopter cockpit and if I have to pay to get it, gladly!

Best Regards

Mark
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Mark,

The SDK Samples.sln file is the "solution" file. When you open this in Visual Studio there will be a Build option in the top menu. From there you can select the "Build Solution" option and this will compile all of the sample projects included in the solution. After that you'll be able to navigate into the Output directory I mentioned previously and copy over the TargetingPod folder into your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons directory. When you start Prepar3D it will detect this add-on and prompt you to enable it. You'll then have access to the controls.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

Excuse me so much Rob, I did not understand that I could solve the problem without editing anything, unfortunately I thought I had solved but, it gives me these errors and does not make me save the dll. I tried to update the plugs but nothing, it always gives me these errors. Damn, I was one step away from the end ...
I searched for solutions on the web but I didn't find useful explanations ...
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

If you made modifications to source files you can repair the SDK. Also you can change the configuration to release instead of debug if you are still having issues. There is a drop down at the top of the Visual Studio UI with this option.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

Hi Rob! I've reinstall SDK and tryed to use 'Release' ( like in the video )but I've not resolve the problem... I read the Win page Error C1083 but I don't know if and how I can change the value into initpdk.h . I tried to change <atlcomcli.h> in "atlcomcli.h" with TextEdit, but the file don't start in Visual Studio... https://youtu.be/kBrxs1NqbNo
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

Hi Rob, If you have any others advise, thanks so much!

Best Reguards

Mark
corbu1

Post by corbu1 »

Hello,
I was succesfully able to compile the targeting pod example in the sdk with visual studio 2017.
I‘ve put it into cerasim UH60 Blackhawk as external view and it works very well. Also I was able to map the camera contol to my joystick buttons.

But I can‘t get it working in the vc.

Also it would be great to see the targeting pod view in VR. I’m using a Vive Pro. Is this possible?

I‘m running p3dv4 HF2.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Cesar Vejar

Post by Cesar Vejar »

Irno590 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:36 pm Hi , in P3Dv4 now it's possible to add a Flir Target Cam to follow, zoom and catch the target. I read your instructions and add into Helicopter AW139 by Carlos Palacio, a new 'CameraDefinition' with 'TargetingPodView' title and ScaleformOverlay for the TargetingPod.swf, in panel.cfg added a new 'windowXX' with texture00 =TargetingPodView, 0, 0. The Cam works perfectly, but the keys map works just on the F-16 or Fury 1500 because they have .dll file. I've Visual Studio 2017 but I'm not a developer and I don't know how create a TargetingPod.dll file to specifically aircraft.
It's would be possible to have a "standard" TargetingPod.dll just for use this keys?
- Camera Rotation (left/right) - Hotas Slew (left/right axis)
- Camera Rotation (up/down) - Hotas Slew (up/down axis)
- Toggle Sensor Mode - Hotas generic key (A0)
- Lock target or ground location - Hotas generic key (A1)
- Zoom in camera - Hotas generic key (A2)
- Zoom out camera - Hotas generic key (A3)

Thanks for your time!!!

Hello, I have the same problem.

could you send me the codes you placed in the archives
panels.cgf
Aircraft.cfg

I am working on an A-10 and I would like to place a floating FLI camera since it cannot be embedded in the VC since I understand that the TargetingPod.swf only works with the F-16 panle button.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

My email is publicesar@hotmail.com