Kernelbase.dll crash

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Raven100

Re: Kernelbase.dll crash

Post by Raven100 »

Thanks - have been relying on Simstarter NG to rebuild the config through different profiles but I may have misunderstood how that works. Will try deleting it at source and see if that fixes it.
Raven100

Post by Raven100 »

Apparent fix in case it works for anyone else... After a process of elimination I think my problem was with Rex Skyforce 3D. Running without it removed the problem and there are posts elsewhere about it causing CTDs between 16 & 19 minutes in, but without any definitive solutions. However, with the release of Rex Environment Force and the fact that it can pull the textures from Skyforce without running it, I decided to take a chance on it as a fix since the rest of the functionality looked good to have anyway. So far it seems to have cured the problem - and has completely transformed the look of my sim as well!
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

I am now also suffering from kernelbase.dll crashes, reason unknown. Sadly, all those crashes only happend when descending into my destination, ruining a complete flight. Did not yet install the hotfix, maybe this will help. I disabled the meteo.dll from Carenado, anyway never use it. Might also check my W10 installation for errors and re-install the driver... Hope one of those things will cure it. Never had any kernelbase.dll crash (or any CTD) since I switched from FSX to P3Dv3 some years ago...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
crazysmurfs

Post by crazysmurfs »

I have been experiencing the same Kernlbasedll.crash for the last few times I've attempted to fly. I can not load into an airport anywhere near KJFK & KTEB. I have tried doing a flight from the Bahamas to Dominican Republic, that crashes after about 43 mins of flight. I have updated to 4.5 from 4.4.After reading this thread I have temp un-installed Rex SkyForce & Active Sky. I have Orbx Global, Vector, Open NA LC. I have uninstalled/re-installed, plus verified each install through FTX Central. It will crash without any ORBX add-on. I only have 2 add-on planes, both are Carenado. I have deleted Prepared 3D.cfg file to generate a new file. My system has I7-8700K, 32GB Ram & 2080GTX. I've exhausted all avenues for troubleshooting that I can find on the internet. If anybody can help, please DM me.
Simtech

Post by Simtech »

I have been experiencing these errors as well. For me they seem to occur when I switch view from either inside the cockpit to outside for from outside to tower view. If I stay inside throughout the flight I never have a crash.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The thing to do in cases like this, is to remember:

1. That this is an operating system error, not a P3D error, and

2. That Google is your friend...

Try googling the string "kernelbase.dll error" or "kernelbase.dll crash" (you get the drift).

There will be many possible causes and possible solutions coming up as search results, and you may have to apply several of the solutions.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
alihor

Post by alihor »

Hi all,
I also have this error since 10 months always at the end of P3D.
After pressing "Exit" , some seconds later comes this error.

My system is WIN7 PRO, Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.5.14.34698, ActiveSky, GSX+L2, FSL A320, ORBX sceneries (Basic + Regions),

After a completely new PC installation of WIN, drivers, P3D, etc. the errors came back!
I am at the end of my knowledge!

thanks for help
Regards
Alhard
Simmer since 1980 first version of FS. Now P3D.V4.5 + MSFS2020
3 PCs high end, I_9 OC, 5 Monitors, Touch Monitors, 65" TV ,
flying all A/C and helicopters, A320 since 2002 (WILCO, Aerosoft, FSLabs, MSFS2020)
ORBX scenery
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Did you try any of the fixes mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
alihor

Post by alihor »

Hi Jorgen, here are my activities:
YES 1) Update Prepar3D to the newest available version. Support will not be provided for legacy versions.
YES 2) Fully update your system.
YES 3) Restart your system.
YES 4) Confirm your graphics card is set to properly execute Prepar3D.
done by new system install 5) Remove your generated files.
done by new system install 6) Install/reintroduce each add-on and attempt to confirm the error is present.
done by new system install 7) Disconnect any additional USB controllers/keyboards/mice and attempt to start

I continue trouble shooting,
Thanks
Regards
Alhard
flying all A/C and helicopters, A320 since 2002 (WILCO, Aerosoft, FSLabs, MSFS2020)
ORBX scenery
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

This is what I wrote earlier in the thread:

"The thing to do in cases like this, is to remember:

1. That this is an operating system error, not a P3D error, and

2. That Google is your friend...

Try googling the string "kernelbase.dll error" or "kernelbase.dll crash" (you get the drift).

There will be many possible causes and possible solutions coming up as search results, and you may have to apply several of the solutions."

Jorgen

Harleydriver

Post by Harleydriver »

P3d ver 4.5

I had this for quite some time out of the blue. Kernelbase.dll crash but no fixes worked. I think I found maybe a solution.

Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.28.29325

Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.28.29325

Updated to these two from Microsoft website. Deleted two older versions, installed these two and suddenly my errors disappeared. Been a week and no crashes. Kernelbase.dll crash was the victim, not the culprit. Found the two old versions in Control Panel, Programs and Features.

Hope this helps some...Win 10 home Ver
alihor

Post by alihor »

Hi, thanks for these findings.
I deleted the older versions and left the Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.28.29325 .
The error is still there, when I exit P3D. Sorry.
Do I need Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.28.29325 also?

The OS is WIN7 Home, as I already wrote below.
Regards
Alhard
ORBX scenery
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Whether it is C++ or .NET Framework, always, always install both the x64 and x86 versions.

And always, ALWAYS after installing such modules, run Windows Update with the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" set to On.

That switch should always, ALWAYS be in that position anyway.

Jorgen

PS: I overcame this error, and maybe also others, by using the BIG hammer and installing Visual Studio 2005 and then installing Visual Studio 2019. That will install all the required modules, but will require space.

And another PS: Update to Windows 10 - Windows 7 is dead, and will not be updated.

alihor

Post by alihor »

Thanks Jorgen for your advices. I will check and report.

As to your WIN10 comment: I will NOT install this private data grabber WIN10, as long as I am not beeing forced to.
WIN7 is stable since years and I do not need all the security updates. I have my own personal backup/restore strategy with professional tools since many years.
Regards
Alhard
ORBX scenery
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Alhard, allow me to quote:

"I will NOT install this private data grabber" - I do absolutely agree with you 100% that Win 10 is a data grabber out of the box, and I will add - probably with your agreement - that Win10 is also full of unnecessary bloatware.

So, you turn those privacy-invading (and CPU cycle-stealing) "features" OFF. There is a little freeware utility out there called "O&O Shutup 10" that I use, plus you can tell Win10 to turn off some of its "reporting features", disable Cortana and a slew of other things.

But that's always a personal thing.....

Jorgen