P3D can't see Saitek throttle quadrant

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Eri-c

P3D can't see Saitek throttle quadrant

Post by Eri-c »

2 Saitek quadrants. 1 plugs into yoke with a USB and operates properly. The second plugs into the yoke with a round pin plug (ps2 type connector?) Windows 10 can see it but P3D cannot. I see numerous complaints on this issue but no solutions. I use P3D v.4. Any chance an update might solve it? Regardless do you think that I should update from v.4? Which version is most stable in your opinion.
Thanks for your thoughts,
Eric
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D can't see Saitek throttle quadrant

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Eric,

Does switching the input method from raw input to direct input solve the issue? This can be found in the Options->Controls->Other screen.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
dr3wv4n3

Post by dr3wv4n3 »

Eric,

I use the spad.nx program for my saitek hardware in p3d. Works well and I have radio panel and the small displays too. Its freeware for 14 days I think. I always had an easier with p3dv3 and fsx calibrating my hardware within the sim instead of FSUIPC. When I switched to p3dv3, the spad program solved lots of issues for me.
Eri-c

Post by Eri-c »

Thanks Rob and dr3. I will try both and let you know.
Eric
Eri-c

Post by Eri-c »

Hi Rob,
No luck changing input data and the suggestion following yours involving spad.nx was not helpful either. I think it was beyond my pay grade. Do you think fsuipc might be a work around?
HankyPanky

Post by HankyPanky »

Give LINDA a try, I'm very happy with that program in combination with FSUIPC. It controls my Yoke and panels very well.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5121 ... -sep-2018/
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM

Post by 3221807 »

I'm having a similar? problem.
Saitek throttle quadrant use to work perfectly so did the rudder pedals. Then the rudder pedals went haywire and I found that by replacing my joystick (Logitec Extreme 3D Pro) sorted out the problem with the rudder pedals. Now the throttle quadrant is not working. I am also unable to calibrate it. The "APPLY button" will not work.
I have run a test in FSX SE and all worked fine. I have been running both FSX SE and P3D on my PC without any problems.
Any ideas.....someone...please...???
Regards
TJ
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

3221807 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:20 pm I'm having a similar? problem.
Saitek throttle quadrant use to work perfectly so did the rudder pedals. Then the rudder pedals went haywire and I found that by replacing my joystick (Logitec Extreme 3D Pro) sorted out the problem with the rudder pedals. Now the throttle quadrant is not working. I am also unable to calibrate it. The "APPLY button" will not work.
I have run a test in FSX SE and all worked fine. I have been running both FSX SE and P3D on my PC without any problems.
Any ideas.....someone...please...???
Regards
TJ
Which version of P3D?
Do you have two different throttles ... Saitek throttle quadrant and Logitec Extreme 3D Pro (jojstick with a throttle)?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)

Post by 3221807 »

I have Prep3d v4 and yes I have a throttle quadrant that plugs into the yoke winch in turn plugs into the computer.
I then have a throttle/slider on the Logetec joystick
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I use FSUIPC.
I assume you do not.

If you un-plug the Logetec joystick (so no duplicate axes/throttles) in the setup.
Reboot your PC.

Do you have now a working controllers setup with:
Saitek (I assumed) Rudder pedals / Brakes
Saitek Yoke axes/throttle combination (3 levers)
Best Regards,

Post by 3221807 »

OK have tried your advice but still no throttle movement on the throttle quadrant. I forgot to add that if I use the mouse I am able to move the throttle and I use the free version op FSUIPC
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

3221807 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm OK have tried your advice but still no throttle movement on the throttle quadrant. I forgot to add that if I use the mouse I am able to move the throttle and I use the free version op FSUIPC
The paid version of FSUIPC is needed for axes assignment and calibration.

It sound like you have a failure (connection) between the Saitek Yoke and Saitek Throttles unless that combination is working in FSX?

How old is your Saitek Yoke /Throttles?
Best Regards,

Post by 3221807 »

The system works perfectly in FSX. I have no idea how old it is a bought it from a deceased estate.
The strange thing is it all worked perfectly until about two weeks ago then without any alterations to my rig it started giving problems. First the pedals seemed to clash with the joystick. after replacing the joystick the throttle stopped. Would upgrading P3D help? I see there is a new version available
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

3221807 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:56 pm The system works perfectly in FSX. I have no idea how old it is a bought it from a deceased estate.
The strange thing is it all worked perfectly until about two weeks ago then without any alterations to my rig it started giving problems. First the pedals seemed to clash with the joystick. after replacing the joystick the throttle stopped. Would upgrading P3D help? I see there is a new version available
If it works in FSX it should work in P3D.

"Would upgrading P3D help? I see there is a new version available"

Normally best to get your current Version (P3Dxx. xxx) working first.
But, that is your call.
Best Regards,

Post by 3221807 »

That is the part that is confusing it all works perfectly in FSX SE