Limit Rudder Input

vadriver

Limit Rudder Input

Postby vadriver » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:40 am

Team

The new features list for 4.5's SDK includes for me the following interesting though brief / "confusing" opportunity.
"•Added flag to inhibit rudder input with nose wheel steering on tiller-equipped airplanes"

I guess my first question is how it is invoked (most probably to "Rudder axis" assignments)

Then the next question is more about the detail of the feature. My interpretation is that the response from full pedal (not tiller) input for nose wheel steering and rudder defections are limited to less than 10 degrees and 25 degrees respectively at low taxi speeds & subsequently blended and reduced at the higher take-off / touchdown speeds.

Tiller defection remains as currently "modelled" as per the aircraft.cfg at > 70 degrees or so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e8byl4ym4rz4 ... s.pdf?dl=0 illustrates my above thinking in better detail.
cheers
john
downunda

vadriver

Re: Limit Rudder Input

Postby vadriver » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:19 am

how it is invoked (most probably to "Rudder axis" assignments)
Team

Found the notes about the feature in the SDK documents ...... and have successfully used the feature with my one & only P3D4 aircraft the PMDG 737NGX.

For me it works well with correct animations / behaviour inside & outside the aircraft, though there could be a "tad" more (some) pedal nosewheel steer at lowest speed.
cheers
john
downunda

Mike Schroeter
Lockheed Martin

Postby Mike Schroeter » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:18 am

When the flag is set, there will be no effect on the nose wheel steering when providing input to the rudder. Previously, input to the rudder always resulted in nose wheel steering.

Hope this helps,
Mike

vadriver

Postby vadriver » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:30 am

Thanks Mike

Your note is much what I've observed ...... though as I wrote, it would be a tad better & I ask if there can be some small pedal nosewheel steer, say 20% of the rudder's defection, at taxi speed. That would be in the order of 6-10 degrees pedal nosewheel deflection (compared with 70 or so for full tiller deflection).

& thanks to LM for including the feature ...... it is not often you see improvements like this.
cheers
john
downunda

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”