Did not uninstall before new motherboard

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
seattleman66

Did not uninstall before new motherboard

Post by seattleman66 »

Despite the very visible sticky topic I changed my motherboard and cpu without uninstalling. I also had to install a new version of Windows. I now can see Prepar3d in my directory but it won't run and does not appear in Apps and Features. I know this is entirely on me but I hope I can get some guidance. Should I go into the directory structure and delete everything now and then redownload and reinstall? Thank you in advance. (embarrassed) Steve
elgreco111

Re: Did not uninstall before new motherboard

Post by elgreco111 »

If possible make a full uninstall, clean registry and delete all P3d files/directories. After new start of OS reinstall.
Should fix this issue
Keep flying Robert
My Specs: Win 11 Prof 22H2, I7-12700KF,ASUS ROG STRIX Z690 F Gaming WiFi,MSI Rtx Ventus 4090 24 GB, RAM 32GB G. Skill Trident Z DDR5-6000, 1 TB M.2 Crucial, 1 TB Samsung SSD, 500 MB Samsung SSD, Acer Predator 27''
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"Despite the very visible sticky topic"

You could have posed there.
My first thought, e-mail the LM licensing dept. first ... get a new license, see what they say.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
w2dr

Post by w2dr »

'Morning Steve. The problem is that you are missing the Registry entry for P3D (and also any installed add-ons that may have updated the Registry) due to the Windows reinstall. There are a number of freeware programs around that will fix the Registry pointers for FSX and P3D. Before reinstalling you may want to try one of those. A quick Google search get you to the right spot(s). Here's a link to one of them: https://www.nmgsimulations.co.za/flight ... try-fixer/ .

Doug
w2dr

Post by w2dr »

Steve - Please ignore the above, I just realized there are other P3D-related data in the Registry that still won't be fixed. I'd go ahead with the reinstall..............Doug
seattleman66

Post by seattleman66 »

Thanks much for the replies, I've contacted licensing.
seattleman66

Post by seattleman66 »

As a follow-up I was directed to do a complete re-install of P3DV4 which I did. With this, and the Windows re-install I was left with a great deal of other re-installation of scenery, aircraft, and utilities. Still, after years of 'accretion' I've told myself this is good thing. Up and running now.