New PC build

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
rockymountainfly307

New PC build

Post by rockymountainfly307 »

After several years of flying with gaming laptops & dealing with those downfalls I’ve decided to build a proper desktop PC better suited to flight simming. I came upon an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X from someone who’d bought one & decided after to go for an i9 instead. I have zero experience with building but have compiled an Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard, a Noctua Air cooler, Full ATX case, & a 500GB SSD thus far. The 500GB drive I intend only as the boot drive & basic applications. Planning on at least a 2TB if not 4TB drive for sims. Still on the fence about what kind of memory to go for & my biggest problem...a GPU. It’s taken me a few months to gather what I have now & I don’t want to skimp on a GPU...but at the same time it just seems ridiculous to go out & spend as much on a single component as I have on the whole rest of the system. That’s insanity. I’m just looking for suggestions as to how I can circumnavigate this issue?? I really want a 1080Ti or equivalent...I’d be bummed if I have to compromise on that. If the answer is to wait...I guess I’ll wait. I want to make this a quality build, it’s just disappointing that the whole thing is on hold because of these cryptocurrency idiots.
elgreco111

Re: New PC build

Post by elgreco111 »

Your system seems ok, memory should be min 16GB maybe even 32GB, OS Win 10 64, look it my signature I m ok with my system, no issues and stable performance
Keep flying Robert
My Specs: Win 11 Prof 22H2, I7-12700KF,ASUS ROG STRIX Z690 F Gaming WiFi,MSI Rtx Ventus 4090 24 GB, RAM 32GB G. Skill Trident Z DDR5-6000, 1 TB M.2 Crucial, 1 TB Samsung SSD, 500 MB Samsung SSD, Acer Predator 27''
ArtMan

Re: New PC build

Post by ArtMan »

This weekend I did an extensive upgrade of my PC.

I know that AMD are very good processors but I left my Ryzen 5 and changed to I5 9600K. Together with my new Gigabyte Z390 mainboard I can easily clock to 5GHZ+.

Now I'm getting more than 50 FPS in QW 787 2000 ft above FlyTampa EHAM..... (8x SSAA)

The processor is cooled by an Corsair H100X water cooler and during tests the temps are below 76 degrees Celsius during stress tests with Prime.