Updatable Nav Data

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
maajr57

Updatable Nav Data

Post by maajr57 »

Make P3D Nav Data Airac Cycles updateable from Navigraph and/or RealNavData so that the Sim Database matches the avionics databases. Avionics addons and plane addons are using different Nav Data. Please make P3D updateable to the current Airac cycle from Navigraph and/or RealNavData so the customer can make their own choice depending on their plane or avionics addons. Allow for a clean Airac install without a lot of duplicate navaids and waypoints. Thanks for the great work at LM.
A.BETTAN

Re: Updatable Nav Data

Post by A.BETTAN »

Hello,

have you try this utility : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html
The free downloded package contains an installer.
Afrer indicating what Simulator you use, you choose the world regions (or all) to update, you know instantaneously how many 'BGL' need to be to updated...
All is automatically done by the next click.

P3D will rebuild its scenery datas at the next run.

N.B. If you use an external flight planner (i.e. Plan-G or littlenavmap) dont forget to rebuild the datas, so your plans will be in accordance with the current AIRAC Cycle.

Sorry if my english is not perfect...
Have good flights.
Simmer depuis FS1 en 1982 !!!, passé à P3DV4.5
Config : WIN10, 64 bits. AMD Ryzen 7 4,4GHz, 16G RAM, GeForce GTX1070 8G
SAITEK proflight, multipanel, radiopanel, rudder, Thrustmaster Cougar
Site : fermé, désolé...
maajr57

Post by maajr57 »

Thank you A.Bettan.
I got fsAeroData and Navigraph. What I don't understand is why LM customers have to figure these things out for themselves. LM should spell out the the limitations of the default program and have the solutions provided by the developers in the documentation. I don't object to the cost as much as the lack of transparency and the amount of wasted time and frustration I spend trying to solve the issues. Thanks again for the response.
funkyaz77

Post by funkyaz77 »

+1 for Updateable Nav Data in Prepar3d V4 onwards!
rgiles

Post by rgiles »

+1 for at least some more recent navigation data 'out of the box'.