P3Dv4.4 Pop-up Panel Visual Bugs

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
crippy

P3Dv4.4 Pop-up Panel Visual Bugs

Post by crippy »

All,
I was told by the A2A staff, that this problem is a P3D problem, and to post it here as well.
Below is the post:
--
I installed P3Dv4.4 using the normal client remove and install. I noticed after that my Shift+x menus all had visual anomalies for all A2A aircraft.

Specifically at night, some light seems to "shine through" and the general outline / shading is off during the day as well.

Please view the following link, as it contains the screenshot examples.
https://imgur.com/a/PLUL733

As an aside, I also uninstalled and re-installed all my A2A aircraft for P3Dv4 in order to receive the new installers after doing the v4.4 update.
As a note, even after these installs and a system reboot, the visual anomalies continue...It does not seem to matter if the menus are docked or not docked, or if they are on the main monitor or on a side monitor either.

If you view the imgur link, you can see however that the anomalies seem fairly consistent (example 182 hangar page, and Cherokee page the boxes are near the same locations on the plane)
Poppet

Re: P3Dv4.4 Pop-up Panel Visual Bugs

Post by Poppet »

Hello crippy

Can you try this small step in the link below, This will not effect your Add Ons.

Regenerate the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder to eliminate these from the Issue you are experiencing.

Try this and let us know how you get on

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87#p189254
crippy

Post by crippy »

Poppet,
I deleted the shaders folder and deleted the .cfg file, as you specified with no luck.

This did not fix the issue, so I went ahead and reverted to my preferred .cfg configuration.

Any other ideas?
drumelo

Post by drumelo »

Hi all,

+1 on the problem, same as Crippy. A2A C182 Pro.
P3D v4.4 fresh install as I just got into the train now.
I still have my P3D v3 installed in parallel.
Cleared my shaders and Prepar3d.cfg as per suggestion, no changes, issue still there.
Note: I see a similar issue in some default aircraft too. They are:
- Extra 300 GPS panel: the transponder selection button has an off color at night and don't respond to mouse clicks (mousewheel works).
- Mooney bravo gps panel, obs, msg, menu and clr buttons are not in night-light mode (they work thou)

Any toughts? Any help is welcome...