Photoscenery extremely overexposed in 4.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Saldo

Re: Photoscenery extremely overexposed in 4.4

Post by Saldo »

For my PTA All Months V4.4 - 16 preset set I had to dial back the Diffuse Terrain Lighting settings by 40% to make PR look good again.
Also I have different Terrain Ambiant and Diffuse settings for each month as in winter , imho it is too dark and in summer too bright.
Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I too need to throw my hat in the ring on this. We are currently testing a photoreal product across P3D, P3Dv2, v3 and v4 and the difference between v3 and P3Dv4.4 is quite dramatic. Lighter colors are washed out and very saturated. This is without HDR on.

I hope LM can take a look at this to confirm it is an issue.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

I am not seeing any significant changes in the rendering of photoscenery across the versions. Here are three screen shots from the sim. No HDR lighting active using MegasceneryEarth's Florida 4X photoscenery in all four sims. All images are KVPS over RW30.

Here is v2:
Here is v3:
Here is v4:
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

As far as I can see it PR scenery which is already darker appears correct but PR scenery that is already light appears overexposed.
And like I wrote before the brightness is too high in the summer and less bright in winter.

Try it for yourselves : take a look at your PR scevery in december and in june .. Without HDR everything is less vivid than with V4.3.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

The lighting and appearance is unchanged on my system. Here is Prepar3D v4 @ KVPS in June with MegasceneryEarth Florida 4X photoscenery:

Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Something is not correct : in summer the sky and terrain should be lighter.
And without HDR it looks not alive ..

But If you are happy with it that is all that counts..

Btw : this is how PR looks on my system

WarpD

Post by WarpD »

This thread is about the OP's overexposed photoreal issues. My system is stock and untouched intentionally and will remain so. I am showing that the overexposure they are having is not based on stock sim behavior. There has to be other software and/or settings that are changing the display's output.

HDR settings internal, HDR settings from external program hacks (PTA, etc), changes in video card's control panel... any or all of those can be a source of the OP's issue. The only thing that I can confirm is that the core sim doesn't create that appearance on it's own using default settings.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
yankeegolf3

Post by yankeegolf3 »

WarpD wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:52 pm Since I am not sitting in front of your computer, it would be unlikely that I could resolve your issue. I also believe that to be true for pretty much anyone else. I firmly believe it is something on your system that is the root of the issue.

A thought.... Just because you uninstalled an application doesn't mean all files are gone. Any files that are created by the application running are not 'known' by the uninstaller and thus will most likely not be removed.

I believe one of these to be true:
1. You have something on your system that is overriding the normal behavior of the Prepar3D rendering process.
2. You have unusual settings in your monitor with regards to brightness, contrast, and/or Red, Green or Blue.
1 and 2: not true simply because the scenery looks good everywhere except at airports and over urban areas xith V4.4 only. There must be another root issue which is not on my system only since other guys complain about the overexposed textures
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Can we agree that we all downloaded the same software?

If the software is the same across the systems, but the result is not... it is most definitely going to be something system specific.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
gonher

Post by gonher »

HI ,

Im having same issue with 4.v4. After installing the client the scenery looks extra white, overexposed.
I have spent hours with the settings and all is ok. I have the same problem as the photos of the firts post, the same.
Is there any LM advice on this issue.

Fernando
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

gonher wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:16 pm HI ,

Im having same issue with 4.v4. After installing the client the scenery looks extra white, overexposed.
I have spent hours with the settings and all is ok. I have the same problem as the photos of the firts post, the same.
Is there any LM advice on this issue.

Fernando
Are you using an Add-on photo scenery product?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Are you using any third party shaders? Are you using custom device settings in your video card's control panel?
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
gonher

Post by gonher »

Thanks Ed. Now finally solved. Issue was related to Evenshade.
I was wrong when I tought it could maybe related to LM.
Now v4.4 looks beautiful yeap !!

Fernando
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

gonher wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:33 am Thanks Ed. Now finally solved. Issue was related to Evenshade.
I was wrong when I tought it could maybe related to LM.
Now v4.4 looks beautiful yeap !!

Fernando
What did you do to fix your problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
egnurlaup

Post by egnurlaup »

I have same issue with extensive ORBX scenery in the mix-HDR settings help a little to be fair. Oddly perhaps, MFD and other gauges that I "shift+F1" etc look great? Would love to see this fixed somehow as the Prepar3Dv4 is so much better than the others.

Likewise, I cannot seem to sharpen up the graphics and "fuzzy-ness" seems to be the norm on all aircraft panels. Any ideas for me on that? I have a higher end rig with nVidia 1070 graphics.

I will stay tuned.
Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.4 GHz 8GB
nVidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram
HyperX 1600 DDR-4-2666 SDRAM
WIN 11 Home (64bit)
HP Envy 27" HD/4K
Multiple ORBX Scenery