[RESOLVED] P3D v4.4 won't start after uninstalling FSX.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
NGX Aviation

[RESOLVED] P3D v4.4 won't start after uninstalling FSX.

Post by NGX Aviation »

Hi, I just uninstalled FSX earlier and when I went into P3D to make sure nothing had happened, the splash screen appeared as per usual, but it then disappeared and the application just closed automatically. I have already tried reinstalling the P3D client but it didn't change anything. Any ideas as to how I would go about fixing this issue? (P3D v4 and FSX had been installed together for quite some time before). Thank you in advance for any help!
downscc

Re: P3D v4.4 won't start after uninstalling FSX.

Post by downscc »

Check for the possibility that you have addons in P3D that were in a FSX folder, the splash screen followed by closing can be caused by a problem with an addon (wrong or missing path to the addon files for example).
Dan Downs
KCRP
NGX Aviation

Post by NGX Aviation »

As far as I'm aware, nothing is missing. Is there an easy way to check if I'm missing anything?
NGX Aviation

Post by NGX Aviation »

I've fixed the issue. Prepar3D is starting normally and everything is fine! :) I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Aerosoft Airbus and RAAS and it worked! RAAS or something must've mucked about with DLL files when I uninstalled the 32-bit version... Thanks for your help! :D
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Thank you NGX Aviation for updating the topic