[RESOLVED] Thrustmaster 1600M and pan view.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
FSRobert

[RESOLVED] Thrustmaster 1600M and pan view.

Post by FSRobert »

This joystick seems to have issues with P3Dv4.4. Although I have 360 degrees viewing with the hatswitch in outside view I have no panning at all in the VC. I have read many different panning issues with joystick mine is only one varaition. I have contacted Thrustmaster Support with a reply by them saying to contact P3D for support concerning the hatswitch.

Just wondering if anyone is using this joystick with pan view working as it should ? and if anybody can help me with any tips to make mine work...maybe a fix is coming in the next update ?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Thrustmaster 1600M and pan view.

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Can you try switching the control input method from Raw Input to DirectInput? This can be done via Options > Settings > Controls > Other.

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
FSRobert

Post by FSRobert »

Thanks for the reply Clifton, yes I have tried switching the control input method from Raw Input to DirectInput with no positive results concerning my issue.

My fingers are crossed hoping this (Bug / issue ) can be corrected...cheers.
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

I use this very Joystick and I do not have any issues with panning, neither inside VC nor outside view. A complete other guess: do you use an A2A aircraft as default scenario in your P3D? Then you most probably found the culprit. Change the plane in your default scenario to something different than A2A and panning should work as intended... I actually thought that A2A eliminated this bug, but obviously not...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
FSRobert

Post by FSRobert »

Just a update here.

All is working as it should with the Thrustmaster 1600M and the Hat Switch.

The issue was within " ChasePlane " assignments and P3DV4.4 assignments. Now, I have it all working...YAY!

Thanks so much for the time in helping. This is indeed a fine community we belong to...Gotta Love This Hobby!
DJW

Post by DJW »

Experienced the same issues with the hat switch on my Thrustmaster X today, the hat switch only working to pan up. This happened just after installing Active Sky (AS16). My default flight was set up as the A2A Comanche and the hat switch had worked fine. Un-installed AS, changed the default flight and re-set settings to default. All back to normal with a working hat switch.
Re-saved the A2A Comanche as default and hat switch only working to pan up...So removed as default again.
Re-installed AS16 and still OK (apart from privacy policy pop up!)
Loading the A2A Comanche (not as default and the hat switch works fine).