[RESOLVED] HDR doesnt work in Fullscreen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
delly

[RESOLVED] HDR doesnt work in Fullscreen

Postby delly » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:40 pm

I have 4.4 running on a 2080 series NVidia card with the latest drivers, running Windows 10.

The OS is set to HDR (PQ) mode and I am connected to a HDR compatible TV via HDMI. I am set to RGB / Full and all other games work great in HDR. Forza 4 is amazing btw!

But Prepar3D can only run HDR when windowed, bloom is there, colors look correct, not too dark, banded or washed out etc. If I switch to full-screen the TV flashes a message that HDR (PQ) is off and colors look dark (not right).

Interestingly bringing up and focusing the ATC window (still in fullscreen) switches HDR back on and the image is corrected for a second.

ALT-Tabbing back to windowed also fixes it. In short I cannot use HDR in Fullscreen mode on the 2080TI, is this a known issue, is there a workaround?

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: HDR doesnt work in Fullscreen

Postby Beau Hollis » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:43 am

Perhaps check your fullscreen resolution settings and make sure they match your desktop resolution. If they two match, no monitor settings should change when you hit alt+enter. The change should be almost instant. We simply resize the windows and remove the borders. We stay in windowed mode so that we can better support multi-monitor use-cases. If the resolution differs, things go black and take a second or two to change.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect

delly

Re: HDR doesnt work in Fullscreen

Postby delly » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Thanks I can confirm this has stopped happening now. I recently updated to the latest NVidia driver and changed to Unlimited / Fast Sync

This has happened in other applications too so it would seem likely to be NVidia related, FarCry 5 for example.

Thanks,
Tom

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”