dxgi error device removed...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Blaunarwal

Re: dxgi error device removed...

Post by Blaunarwal »

ferminlopezes wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 am Yesterday I started having this problem. I'm worried about this topic. I can not do any flight, short or long, ... Is it a problem with P3D v4, Nvidea, HIFI, ORBX, ...? Did I move to x-plane? I forget the aerial simulation?
Today a new version of P3d is released. The truth is that I would like to continue with p3d, but I hope there is a suitable solution soon.

Has anyone been able to solve the issue?
There are several solutions in this thread. Mine was to improve cooling by removing the collected dust from the filters.
When my system got hot, I got this error. Maybe there are other hardware reasons, like unbalanced system components.
I'm pretty sure, with actual drivers and new config, you wont have this error. On my systems P3D4.3 runs fine until I add an incompatible addon, which I have to remove again after testing.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
ianor

Post by ianor »

Hi "ferminlopezes",
Have you tried :
Finally, one more thing to try is to modify this entry in your prepar3d.cfg.

[PANELS]
PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=0
It won't do any harm to modifly your .cfg and it might even cure your problem!
SebastianHampf

Post by SebastianHampf »

What does this entry do ?
ianor

Post by ianor »

What does this entry do ?
It may not be related, but we did modify our the window ordering code a bit for v3.4 to allow panels to stay on top of 3d views. It's possible these additional window ordering commands are tripping up some graphics drivers. This is an optional feature which can be disabled with the setting above.
cjibbotson

Post by cjibbotson »

I've been plagued with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crashes since June or July. I made a very long post begging for Lockheed Martin's help and they didn't even acknowledge it with the exception of amalgamating it into this post. It is on Page 2 of this thread and lists, at that point of time all I had tried. I worked solidly for months, pulling my hair out, testing at least 15 graphics drivers, testing an old 1703 build of Windows 10 with an old nvidia driver and all updates etc disabled, I tested a fully up to date Windows 10 and drivers, I tested Windows 8.1, formatted my system at least 4 times. I tried TDR registry edits (froze system), deleting configs, deleting shaders, running sim with locked frames, running unlocked, not running active sky or PTA, running cpu at stock speeds, underclocking factory overclocked 1080ti. I even wiped the system and ran an entirely DEFAULT Prepar3D 4.3 and is still CRASHED! I also tried 4.2 Client and it crashed too. There are probably far more things I tried but now forgotten, or wiped from my memory as a painful time. I almost quit simming completely.

The ONLY thing that helps on my own system is to use MSI Afterburner and reduce the Power Limit to approx 75-80%. At 100% I get DXGI crashes...guaranteed. My gpu passes every intensive game at max settings and 4K resolution like Destiny 2 which would bring many cards to their knees and also passes Furmark for an hour and all Futuremark benchmark and stress tests yet P3D has a hissy fit so easily and crashes. I know DXGI crashes occur in some other games and people say well then its not the sim but I beg to differ to a degree. All gpus are different, just like cpus, even if they are the same brand and model. Prepar3D must have something in it's code that is picking up some glitch in voltage or power and tripping up. I borrowed my sons standard 1080 for one day and was able to run the sim without an issue for 6 hours. I returned the power limit setting to 100% and maxed all settings and it still didnt crash, I changed time preview many times also from dusk/night to dawn etc to attempt to make it crash. Same system, same drivers, same windows environment, same sim and add-ons. You guys will probably say my own 1080ti is faulty but how come it works perfectly fine in every other program, game or app? There must be 100s or 1000s of people getting these crashes as for a few months Facebook groups were full of new posts almost daily. We can't all have 'Faulty' graphics cards. The fact I tried so many different operating systems, so many drivers and a default sim proves its not caused directly by Windows, nVidia or an add-on in the sim.

I'm going to try the panel on top edit mentioned a few posts ago when I get home later.

Chris Ibbotson
GGMT7881

Post by GGMT7881 »

So, guys, I have the sad news to give.
The tech company said that my video card was faulty, and as they said lots of the first edition 2080ti's coming faulty.

I did RMA and they gave me a new video card which is working!

I suggest RMA
fuksen81

Post by fuksen81 »

i have same problem....using rtx 2080...can anyone help me? i already clean install...the problem so strange... when i set the texture filtering in game menu to anisotropic 2x and using 2xMSAA the problem gone or im set to anisotropic 16x and 8xMSAA using stock plane in prepar3d also the problem gone....the problem begin when i use pmdg with anisotropic 16x and 8xMSAA....can anyone help? thanks
ferminlopezes

Post by ferminlopezes »

ianor wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:10 am Hi "ferminlopezes",
Have you tried :

[PANELS]
PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=0
I have not tried it yet. As soon as I do, I tell you.
Only h updated to the latest nvidia drivers. Now I want to update to version 4.4 of P3d to see if the error disappears, ....
Yesterday he left again at two and a half hours flight.
Can you delete the aircraft.cfg file?
So far I have never tended that problem. I have the GTX970 a long time ago. I do not plan to change it now. I have seen that the problem also appears in other more current graphics, such as the 1060, the 1080, even much better.
I have also confirmed that the error also appears with the ATI.
Gracias
ferminlopezes

Post by ferminlopezes »

ferminlopezes wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 am
Have you tried :

[PANELS]
PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=0
Only h updated to the latest nvidia drivers. Now I want to update to version 4.4 of P3d to see if the error disappears, ....
So far I have never tended that problem. I have the GTX970 a long time ago. I do not plan to change it now. I have seen that the problem also appears in other more current graphics, such as the 1060, the 1080, even much better.
Gracias
Hi. Yesterday I made the change that you told me. I was 3 hours and a half flying in VFR with a helicopter without problems. I hope it has already been fixed. Many thanks.

There is a new update of NVIDIA and P3D. I do not know what to do. What do you think?
Thank you
cjibbotson

Post by cjibbotson »

ferminlopezes wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:06 am
ferminlopezes wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 am

Have you tried :

Gracias
Hi. Yesterday I made the change that you told me. I was 3 hours and a half flying in VFR with a helicopter without problems. I hope it has already been fixed. Many thanks.

There is a new update of NVIDIA and P3D. I do not know what to do. What do you think?
Thank you
Editing the config entry PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=0 is showing promising signs. Ive had 100s of DEVICE_HUNG crashes and tried everything possible including wiping my OS 4 times, running old 1703 build of W10, W8.1, current builds and even running a completely default sim and nothing worked. Hardware was also all on default or underclocked to test. Only thing which helped was to reduce the Power Limit setting on the gpu to 75-80%. Ive not been able to test completely but returned Power Limit to 100% after changing the panel entry and got no crashes on limited tests. Crash would have occurred quickly normally. The other night I got DXGI crash and thought 'Oh no it didnt work' then realised I had deleted my config as I couldnt change graphics settings for some reason without sim hanging. I realised Id forgotten to change the panel entry again to 0. Have it changed back again and all so far seems good though will have to test for longer period. I dont understand what this entry does as I see no difference in panels if its 0 or 1

Chris
cjibbotson

Post by cjibbotson »

Further to my previous post but sadly the Panel edit did NOT work. Sim was running a test all afternoon and it crashed after approx 3.5 hours. I came home and there's the usual DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error. Looks like Ive no choice but to reduce my Power Limit setting again as nothing else prevented the crashes :(

Chris
Mrdudez

Post by Mrdudez »

No easy answers to this problem. I have tried all possible solutions on this thread (Need to quote my deception not reading one single post from LM devs, very disappointing) Here´s my own experience, making very clear that im aware every computer/setup/number of addons/nvidia configs/ etc... , have different responses for each case, which makes it even more challenging. Notice that i have been using my add-on sets as i, as a costumer, expect them to work for what i paid.
(again, quoting the lack of responses from all of the developers, or just reading they trowing to ball one to another like if we are all spoiled kids complaining about a broken toy... anyway) here it goes.

- Turning Debug mode on nvidia control panel help tab did work for a while, and still does but randomly (we all know how frustrating is to plan and start a flight without knowing it will crash or not, not what we deserve, again, for what we paid for)

- All the TDr stuff, forget it, that´s not how it goes, all other games i have never hung because of this.

- Yes, i reinstalled all my addons, i reinstalled P3D, i followed the old good 3 steps solutions so many times i can´t remember and, finally , reinstalled windows and started from zero ground 3 times (not doing this again to reinstall around 200 airport add-on (checking every and each one for possible vector issues and all that jazz we know... this only, makes the installation to a point of satisfaction for my simulation experience, to cost me a few weeks)

- I have to stress the point of disappointment for the lack of responses from devs, even to say "Hey, no one forced you to buy this software, deal with it"

- All, let me repeat that, ALL technicians i called home (paying for it) or called by phone (international calls, various companies, you name it), have come to the unanimous conclusion "Problem is not caused by Nvidia driver version, Nvidia setup, DirectX, or OS configuration" Problem is this simulator software not being able to deal with add-on made to work with it. Simple as that.

- No, you don´t need to buy new gear, change you car, your address, you chair , your hair or anything else, there´s no voodoo solution here, only good people like you and me trying to enjoy stable simulation experience no matter how many fps or rendering benefits you get. It should work, period.

- I understand LM has to deal with many other devs from different companies and vice versa, but.. again, i need to stress this, so stay with me on this one, all, ALL, paid for, if i pay for a service i demand support.

This post has the only purpose of bringing the LM staff some attention to their costumers (PLEASE, dont send me to the support page with the "possible solutions to your case" 3 steps etc.. etc.., just don´t)

Not everyone here is a programmer, make it easy. A tool developed by LM to try to detect errors would be very welcome for example.

I still did not upgrade to 4.4 and all my planes are grounded with the thousand of dollars spent on computer / saitek gear and all add-on accumulated over 15 years of simulated flights.

I really hope i read something new coming from LM side on this issue. Other than that, - Sorry for this long statement, sorry if i don´t bring a solution for this annoying issue.

Thanks for reading.
tlittle

Post by tlittle »

Sadly, I am also getting this error... reading through this thread is bumming me out. Doesn't look like there is a solution :(

Aside from a bad motherboard causing random crashes in Flight Simulator many, many years ago (where my only solution was obviously a new PC), this is now officially my most frustrating experience. This is too common of an issue to be just my PC hardware. Tried many things like so many others here, and getting NO WHERE.

I am, though seeing reports of other games getting this error (Arma 3, Battlefield, etc) when doing google searches.
YWG256

Post by YWG256 »

Well, I am going to throw my 2 cents into this thread. Immediately after updating two separate attempts in only installing the client and then installing the full 4.4 version, this error constantly popped up mid flight. Completely furstrating and whats even more unsettling is the fact that we are not seeing hide nor hair from the LM people regarding this. As someone else had said, this only happens when running P3D. By the way as soon as I reverted back to V4.3 the error vanished for good. LM you better fess up and admit this is a problem with your software and nothing else. We are soon going to be held hostage with products only being available for v4.4 due to PBR with upcoming KORD from FSDT as an example. To say I am mad is an understatement and to see the amount of people commenting with the same issue yet no comment from LM is BS.

Alright, LM, Beau, whoever else.....time to comment on this and not hide.....
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

This is how it works...and don't fix what's ain't broken
https://flightsimeindhoven.com/2018/12/ ... ty-issues/
And wait for the next update to come.
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |