Low FPS with fresh install

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ManuelMorcillo

Low FPS with fresh install

Post by ManuelMorcillo »

Hello guys & LM Team.

I've been using P3Dv4 without problemas for a while, lately my fps got down from 35-40 to 8-13. I did everything trying to resolve it but no positive results, so i restored Windows and reinstall all of my sim. Situation get better but after 3 days the fps got down again, iven made a clean P3D install again without addons but the answer was the same. I notice that when a press "Pause" my fps get higher (around 100) but after quit Pause fps get down again. I really don't know what to do, maybe u may help me? Best regards.

Manuel.
ManuelMorcillo

Re: Low FPS with fresh install

Post by ManuelMorcillo »

Sorry, I forgot to put my PC specs:

Intel i5 @3.4 Ghz
GTX 1060 3GB
12 GB RAM
Windows 10.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I lock my FPS at 20 in all SIMs (FSX, P3Dv3.4, P3Dv4.3).
All ok.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Manuel,

Framerates will tend to be higher when paused due to the fact that the vehicle simulation is not running and you are not moving which means no additional scenery, objects, or terrain are being updated in your view. The framerate difference can be more noticeable when running complex add-on aircraft due to the simulation of these being very complex.

If you are seeing differences in framerates while running the simulation it may be due to some add-on or configuration change on your system. I recommend going through our general debugging steps here to track down any potential issues:
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
ManuelMorcillo

Post by ManuelMorcillo »

I've tried the general debugging steps without succes.. I don't think addon be the problem cause since a fresh reinstall the problem persist... I hope u can help me.

Best regards.
Manuel.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Manuel

Have you tried locking your Frames per second via Prepar3D > Options ?

Have a look at the topic below and maybe these steps will help

Let us know how you get on

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131043&p=186891#p186891
ManuelMorcillo

Post by ManuelMorcillo »

Hi Poppet.

I can't block my frames 'cause they're too low. Iven generating a new Prepar3D.cfg the frames still low. Yesterday I did reinstall Windows & addons 1 by 1 with success, today i flew good but I needed to delete Prepar3d.cfg to generate a new one so when I started P3D the frames were too low again with a fresh Prepar3D.cfg. isn't caused by addons 'cause they work before without a problems.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Manuel

How is the performance with a default Prepar3D ? (No addons)

Each Add On you Install will effect your performance. You computer system falls behind the recommended system requirements for Prepar3D v4 with Add Ons Installed as seen from the link below

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Have you tried the steps in the link I posted, they are basic but effective

Let us know how you get on