My Last Day on Thursday

Forum Rules & News
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Hi Everyone,

It will be my final day with Lockheed Martin on Thursday this week. Thanks very much to everyone in the Prepar3D Team and the Community for making this a very exciting two years!

We have achieved much and it has been a wonderful opportunity for me personally to be part of the long product heritage. Indeed, a privilege. I am not sure what my next challenge will be yet, but know that Prepar3D is in very capable hands and with a Team that is committed to excellence! Thanks to all for making this the best job on Earth!

Regards,

John Nicol

Principal Engineer, Prepar3D

Ecosystem Manager

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Hello John

sad to see you leave; thanks for your valuable support and have a nice life!

Jan
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
jfail

Post by jfail »

Hey John

Really sorry to see you go, you have been very helpful and responsive to all of us and helped many people. All the best to you in future endeavors.

Who will replace you?, they have big shoes to fill.

lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Very sorry to hear you leave John. Man, I am so new to the P3D scene and now you are leaving. :(

It was great working with you. You were an awesome representative of the Prepar3D team and Lockheed Aerospace for that matter.

May you and your endeavors be blessed and happy. I hope you might work in the sim field and that we might see you in here often.

Bill
Paavo

Post by Paavo »

Quote:
Quote from jfail on May 7, 2012, 08:32

they have big shoes to fill.

I think this perfectly sums up John's time with Prepar3D.
Rolfspan

Post by Rolfspan »

Thank you for all of your help. You were the right person for the right time.

All the best.

Rolf
bohappy

Post by bohappy »

I am sorry to see you leave

You have been a great contributor in these forums

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors
BrandonF

Post by BrandonF »

I'm very sad to see you leave, John! You've done a great job over the past few years. Thank you for all that you have done for Prepar3D and its team. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

Kind Regards,

Brandon
Brandon Filer
3D Modeler, Graphic Artist, and UI Programmer
Intel i7 7700K (4.20GHz), ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OC, 64 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
fischerbast

Post by fischerbast »

This is very sad- hopefully this is not Lockheed Martin cutting cots at the detriment of customer and community service.

Your dedication and your value to the customers has been exemplary. All the best for your next steps and hopefully we will see you again. You will be missed on this forum and by all loyal P3D early adopters.
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

John

Very sorry to hear you leave.

It's always devastating to those that remain, when anyone who has contributed so much, and has shown such dedication to a product, leaves to move on.

I hope you remain connected with the FS Industry, and we continue to see you taking an active part in this great adventure.

Thanks for all your contributions to both this Forum, and other related P3D forums. It's difficult to imagine these forums without your participation.

JimboG

Post by JimboG »

John,

It's very sad to hear you're leaving - I very much enjoyed your contributions on this forum and dedication to the FS community as a whole. You have become one of the key names in the industry, I just hope that the gap left by your absence will be filled soon enough.

I wish you very success in the future, wherever you end up working will be lucky to have you.

Kind regards,

James Gillies
boxcar

Post by boxcar »

Well now, this is a surprise. If discerning correctly, this also is a surprise to you. After spending the past 2 months familiarizing myself with P3D they are your posts of information delivered in a positive & enthusiastic manner that have helped me understand more about this simulation platform than any other single thing. Thank you, John. Am wishing you all the very best in whatever direction this all takes you now. May you & yours prosper & be well.

styckx

Post by styckx »

Quote:
Quote from boxcar on May 9, 2012, 18:32

Well now, this is a surprise. If discerning correctly, this also is a surprise to you. After spending the past 2 months familiarizing myself with P3D they are your posts of information delivered in a positive & enthusiastic manner that have helped me understand more about this simulation platform than any other single thing. Thank you, John. Am wishing you all the very best in whatever direction this all takes you now. May you & yours prosper & be well.

Agreed. John was a class act. Not only was he informative and very polite he also kept this forum running like a watch and organized the information on it like a pro. I only have but a handful of posts because every time I had a question it was already answered somewhere and easy to find.

Good luck John and thank you!
WarpSpider74

Post by WarpSpider74 »

G'day John,

Just wanted to say "fare thee well" in your future endeavours, and a hearty "Thankyou" for all the help, advice and updates you've provided the community! I wish you all the best, and hope you poke your head into the various fora to say hi from time to time mate.

Cheers,

Derek
KelvinNZ

Post by KelvinNZ »

Certainly a loss! A bit of Kiwi blood certainly made a difference. Thanks John.