Potential bug with addon loading and installing

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
cosnowboarder_777

Potential bug with addon loading and installing

Post by cosnowboarder_777 »

Spend all of Friday night and Saturday morning troubleshooting why when starting P3D, it will not come out of the background processes and actually load. I tried deleting the three folders numerous times. That got the sim to start working again. I then tried activating each addon again and one of two things seems to trigger it not to start up. A trying to have too many items turned on in the addons section or B trying to activate too many at once. Back in the FSX days, you left as many items turned off in the scenery library as possible due to the VAS limitation. Not sure if this is the same case in P3D as I am fairly new to the sim. Also wanted to add when turning on addons in the addon section, it doesn't seem to be any particular addon that is causing it as each time, its a different addon that triggers the fault. Look forward to some feedback from the developers on this.
John B
Jespersson

Re: Potential bug with addon loading and installing

Post by Jespersson »

I might have the same issue. Just reinstalled P3d from scratch and installed a bunch of addons. Now it's stuck as a backround process when loading.
Kind regards
Jesper Persson
samson

Post by samson »

Having the same issue. Program crash out the blue on Friday night. Unable to reload.
Jespersson

Post by Jespersson »

I have now reinstalled every addon one by one and it works like a charm so I can confirm this issue. Seems like it's mainly ORBX sceneries being the issue because of their enormous sizes. Especially FTX Vector.
Kind regards
Jesper Persson
samson

Post by samson »

I have removed all addons. Did the new reinstall. Have try the repair. Still stuck in
background process. I
Jespersson

Post by Jespersson »

Samson, try this:
1. Uninstall all addons.
2. Delete the P3D generated files using the shortcut in the P3D root folder.
3. Run P3D and let it generate new files.
4. Install the addons one by one and run P3D between each install to let it build new scenery library. This is especially necessary with large sceneries like ORBX or other photoreal areas.

Have a good night!
Kind regards
Jesper Persson
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

I also have problems since about Friday, trying all sorts of repairs with no avail. Last addon i added was GSX Level 2 on the 7th and Aflosim CLUJ. I didn't have problems after the install for a few days. I also tried some older aircraft, which I will remove next to trace down. Don't think it's the sceneries, since I have them long time active and never had problems.

My Sim does not crash with the default situation in the US but on Lanzarote Island with addon sceneries from MK Studios there.

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
downscc

Post by downscc »

Look for specific addons that are causing a problem. There is no problem with having many addons in v4.3 (earlier versions did have a problem with more than a certain number of add-on.xml files).

I have several hundred scenery addons of all brands, GSXL2, SODE, and the list goes on. No problem with having a large number of addons.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

samson wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:33 am I have removed all addons. Did the new reinstall. Have try the repair. Still stuck in
background process. I

Hello samson

Will Prepar3D launch if you move these 2 blue folders out of the Documents location and onto your Desktop ?

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Please see this short video https://youtu.be/YsOibqIV0OQ?t=52s

Let us know how you get on
samson

Post by samson »

After 2 restless nights, Your fix worked like a charm.

Thank you
WVDave

Post by WVDave »

I too had the stuck startup screen. I removed 3 files to the desktop, then to the trash bin. Deleted Prepar3d in Control Panel. Turned off Mcafee. Re downloaded (1hr 30min), got note "Windows cannot open. Invalid zip". Sincerely, Dave C. in West Virginia.
cosnowboarder_777

Post by cosnowboarder_777 »

Tried this as well. P3D starts again. As soon as I put the files back in and try to activate more than maybe four or five areas, the same problem happens again where it moves back into background processes. Never used to have this problem with all the addons. Not sure what has triggered it. Everything that has been suggested still does not fix the problem.
John B
PlaneCpt

Post by PlaneCpt »

Same issue with me. Removing the folders didn't help so far...
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

cosnowboarder_777 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:20 am Tried this as well. P3D starts again. As soon as I put the files back in and try to activate more than maybe four or five areas, the same problem happens again where it moves back into background processes. Never used to have this problem with all the addons. Not sure what has triggered it. Everything that has been suggested still does not fix the problem.

Hello John

Can you narrow it down to one specific Add On (Folder) that is causing this Issue ?

Have you tried just moving one Add On folder back at a time and then launching Prepar3D and testing each time ?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

PlaneCpt wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:32 pm Same issue with me. Removing the folders didn't help so far...

Hello PlaneCpt

Did you try removing all 5 generated folders as seen in the video below ?

Note: This will disable all your 3rd party Add Ons

https://youtu.be/YsOibqIV0OQ