Drop of fps by switch view

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Sid Starz

Re: Drop of fps by switch view

Post by Sid Starz »

Not sure if this helps but check your sound settings and change them to something other than "default device settings" like I did and see if you experience changes in your FPS when switching views.

Let me know if your FPS changes.
PatB
| Intel i7-9900k | ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme | 64GB RAM DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti | WIN10 Pro x64 | P3D v5.3 |
Sid Starz

Post by Sid Starz »

All of my issues appeared to be caused by by recent Windows Updates changing my default sound settings.

Monitor with speakers using HDMI connected to my 1080ti which had previously been disabled was re-enabled after the updates. This monitor then became my default sound device instead of my headset.

Hard to believe because the settings were changed that it would drop my FPS below 5.

Once the sound issues were corrected, my FPS was back up btwn 20 - 80.

I just have to remember to check these settings each time after an update and before I use P3D.
PatB
| Intel i7-9900k | ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme | 64GB RAM DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti | WIN10 Pro x64 | P3D v5.3 |
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Sid Starz wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:22 am All of my issues appeared to be caused by by recent Windows Updates changing my default sound settings.

Monitor with speakers using HDMI connected to my 1080ti which had previously been disabled was re-enabled after the updates. This monitor then became my default sound device instead of my headset.

Hard to believe because the settings were changed that it would drop my FPS below 5.

Once the sound issues were corrected, my FPS was back up btwn 20 - 80.

I just have to remember to check these settings each time after an update and before I use P3D.
Did you have the OP's posted problem of FPS drop when switching views?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hi,
I tried to using p3d with a couple of my headset but nothing happen, I'm considering the idea that maybe the problem is my logitech Z623 audio system, beacuse if i deselect audio by pressing Q or set primary playbck and voice playback to Realtek digital output or C24FG70 NVIDIA high definiton audio as you can see in the screenshot,in short, anything, excluding audio speakers, p3d works perfect with 100 fps but of course with no sound, i have another logitech speaker+ subwoofer which i'm using with my PS4 in my room, i let you know if it will work.

Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

I've tried to run p3d with an another logitech speakers+subwoofer as i mentioned before, but the issue persist unfortunately, i don't think is my sound card, beacuse it's new and my PC is not even a year old.
I don't know ):
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hi,
Today i've ried another couple of speakers of my friend but issue persist, is more than 2 month that i have this issue, i'm really frustrated, if anybody has my same issue, i would really appreciate some suggestions.
Regards
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hi everyone,
today morning I've tried after a fresh reboot of my PC, to install p3d from p3d site (zip file), and checksum was good again, but i have no resolve this isuuse, i need help !

Regards
Wuffi84

Post by Wuffi84 »

Same here ! Insideview 100+ FPS and Outsideview: Sound goes Off; 0,4FPS Drop down ! Maybe Windows 1809 is the problem ! It sucks, P3D no more Playable... ! Whats the Problem ??? Sounddriver, Graficarddriver, P3D ?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Wuffi84 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:40 pm Same here ! Insideview 100+ FPS and Outsideview: Sound goes Off; 0,4FPS Drop down ! Maybe Windows 1809 is the problem ! It sucks, P3D no more Playable... ! Whats the Problem ??? Sounddriver, Graficarddriver, P3D ?
Was a Windows Update the only thing that changed on your system since your last good flight?

Which aircraft are you testing?

Which version of P3D?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Wuffi84

Post by Wuffi84 »

Yes Windows Ubdate was the last thing i did and Nvidia Driver 416.16 whql(But i also try the older ones without any effekt) ... and i try normal F22 Aircraft or the Smaler Turboporbs ! I Use P3D 4.3 ! I Think Windows 10 v1809 kill P3D
gianluk81

Post by gianluk81 »

Hi, now have a same problems. Update last version of win10 and have this issue with p3d. Very very bad :(
gianluk81

Post by gianluk81 »

...in my case try to test a different drivers nvidia, but don't resolve. Now at moment investigate on audio parts.
gianluk81

Post by gianluk81 »

and...if press Q (during fps drops), no problems, fps go to high value...when reactivate audio...fps down to 3/4fps :(
Wuffi84

Post by Wuffi84 »

Windows 1809 killes our Sounddriver in P3D V4.3 and set it too default !
Now i deinstall all my Sounddrivers and Install the Sounddriver from Motherboardsite again ! AND...
IT WORKS NOW ! No more FPS dops right know !! Now it runs for me
gianluk81

Post by gianluk81 »

Reinstall realtek drivers...and at moment no problems!