Slight pause with ATC chatter in V4.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Deltaaair123@1

Slight pause with ATC chatter in V4.3

Post by Deltaaair123@1 »

I had a issue with this maybe a month ago, and I was sure I had it resolved by tweaking a few settings in Nvidia Profile Inspector but it seems as though the issue is back. Or it never left rather, I just thought it was gone. The issue is whenever ATC is about to speak, or another aircraft is about to respond, there is a slight pause right before words are spoken. It is the oddest thing because my sim is stable and usually hovers around 60fps even in the most taxing situations. I have uninstalled P3D, and reinstalled. I have also done so with all of my add-ons. I have tweaked. I have freshly installed the latest graphics driver. I have also rolled back to an earlier driver just to see if it helps any but no luck. Now I’m stumped. I have read in the Avsim community that this issue had been around since the FSX days but I honestly don’t recall it being this bad though. I actually dont recall it being this bad in v4.1 or V4.2 to be completely honest. I’m starting to think this is a v4.3 issue... but I would like a dev’s second opinion on this topic. Also, anyone who reads this, and has v4.3 installed can you let me know if you notice a similar issue? I’m going to get to the bottom of this even if I die trying lol.
Martyson

Re: Slight pause with ATC chatter in V4.3

Post by Martyson »

Chatter?
When using default P3D ATC?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Deltaaair123@1

Post by Deltaaair123@1 »

Yes. This is with the default atc
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

You are not talking about chatter as in fake ATC recordings (e.g., boarding / safety instructions) that are being played back during all flights.

You are referring to actual ATC instructions (e.g. your taxi instructions) for your flight and the AI aircraft in the area.

Maybe you could do a video with audio of the problem.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)