Cant reinstall my academic license on same pc after fresh OS reinstall,

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
mvalotta

Post by mvalotta »

Hello

I had to reinstall my Prepar3d academic license on the same computer because a problem with my OS (W7x64) I I reinstalled all the software because something was wrong with it (I mean, the OS).

I reinstalled everything on the same computer and I assume that you would have some kind of hardware fingerprint or IP detection related to my license to avoid install it in a second pc and allow me a reinstallation without problems.

This is the same pc where I made the first P3D install, but the license is no longer active for this pc.

Is it possible to reactivate this license, don't know how to demonstrate you that this is the true original computer with a fresh OS.

Many thanks

Mario Valotta

license details: sent by email and through the store

WBard

Post by WBard »

We have some details on this on many other stickies and posts of the forums.

Simply email licensing@prepar3d.com with your reactivation request and your license id number and details and they'll fix you up.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

I wonder, is this the same as MS with FSX, i.e you get a seemingly random number of reinstalls no problem, then have to contact the vendor i.e MS in the case of FSX to re-invigorate the serial no. Or will this be req'd by LM P3D with every reinstall.

With MS it seemed entirely random, some folks reinstalled regularly when it first cam out and never had the issue, others did the deed once or twice and had to endure call centers. I was led to believe that MS flushed out the Db periodically, but I never did get to the truth of that.

Recently I had a fab time trying to activate FSX and failing. I called and was informed that "we no longer support that product" Then magically 20 mins later the on line reactivate worked strangely enough. Oh I drone on...

Basically I am asking after all that, what is LM P3D's policy on re-activations?

salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Hallo, I bought prepar3d academic system installed on 32 bit but did not work so I decided to install on windows 7 64 bit, now the problem is that it tells me invalid license what should I do? I have written here but I had no answer licensing@prepar3d.com

I hope to get something positive from you thanks a lot

p.s excuse for English
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Hello Salvatore, after you installed on 64 bit,please right click prepar3d.exe and run as administrator while holding down the shift key. if this is not successful, sent an e-mail to licensing@prepar3d.com

Ciao Salvatore, dopo aver installato a 64 bit, si prega di fare clic destro e l'esecuzione come amministratore prepar3d.exe tenendo premuto il tasto shift. Se questo non è successo, ha inviato una e-mail a licensing@prepar3d.com.

|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

P3D staff haven't addressed my Q yet.

what is LM P3D's policy on re-activations?
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Hello janvaane I did what you said but nothing gives me more error I also sent an email to this address licensing@prepar3d.com

but I had no answer thank you for your prompt response I hope for the best.

my academic license
torkermax

Post by torkermax »

I just went through this and LM was very prompt and professional. The cause was all my own stupidity. I very much appreciate their promptness in reactivating.
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Reactivated again I thank all those who supported me