Drop of fps by switch view

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Nicola67

Drop of fps by switch view

Post by Nicola67 »

Hello everyone
Tuesday I bought prepare3d v.4.3 Academic, all went well until I start to flight with the F-22 and other default airplanes, just to do a test.
I selected the F-22 and do a test flight (even because is the "default" airplane which compares in the menu so for a question of practicality I chose it), however the simulator starts in the cockpit of F-22 with 100-120 fps, but when i switch other views camera by pressing the key "S" fps drop at 6-7,and sound goes away.
The other aircraft such as king air 350, baron 58, unlike the F-22, start in the cockpit with very low fps, the only airplane that works fine is the A-36 Bonanza, i don't know why :(
All this with no add-ons, i do a test with prepare3d straight out of the box, but if the problem will be fixed I want to buy add-ons such as ORBX, REX, Aerosoft Airports ecc
I've tried to follow many tips already in other forum (included in p3d forum) but nothing went well, there were other people who had my same issue.
I've tried to do doble right click to delete genereted files and shaders folder, nothing happen.
I deleted the p3d config file many times but nothing happen.
I modify the 3D settings:
Inside NCP > Prepar3D.exe I changed
--Antialiasing - Mode --> Enhance the Application Setting
--Power Management Mode --> Prefer Maximum Performance
--Vertical Sync --> Use the 3D application setting
I did a lot of tweaks using nvidia inspector
Also I reinstall tons of times p3d
I'm not very expert with this things, if you could help me, I'll appreciate that.
Here my PC spec:

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: 32 gb RAM DDR4 2400 MHZ
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.2 GHz
Kayla Dillon

Re: Drop of fps by switch view

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Have you tried not using Nvidia Inspector?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hello,
Yeah my graphic driver is up to date, also I tried to reinstall the audio and sound driver, but nothing happen.
My graphic card GTX 1070 is updated with the most recent driver 398.82
I tried not using nvidia inspector but the issue persist

Regards
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Have you tried:

1) Deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file and letting it generate again when launched next?

2) Running the Delete generated files command from the core Prepar3D folder? Note: This action will disable your 3rd party Add On's.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hello,
Right now I've tried to delete genereted files, and delete config file but nothing happen.
The issue persist, by changing the view, fps still remain at 2-3.
P.S Now I've installed many addons on p3d such as Aerosoft airports (4 airports), GSX and a318/319 Professional, but if the issuse go away I'll install also REX texture direct and worlwide airports HD, and ORBX global vector.
I have not installed them yet for fear that it will make the situation worse about the Fps.

Regards
sramir25

Post by sramir25 »

Hi, I also have the same problem i tried everything but the problem continue.
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Yesterday I update my sound card (Relatek High Definition Audio) with the latest of 08/14/2018, when I launch P3d the issue persist.
I'm asking to me if is a problem of my PC or maybe there something wrong in P3d.

Regards
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Do you have VSync enabled? If so, please try disabling it. If there are any settings for GSync, you may want to play with those as well.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
sramir25

Post by sramir25 »

I don’t thing that is your pc. I play battlefield 1, COD WW2 and FIFA 18 at highest graphics possible on my system that is a I7 7700k GTX 1070 8GB 32Gb memory Ram and those games runs really good.

Is something that when you switch between views make that the graphic car stop working.

I used msi afterburner to monitor my systems parameters. And I saw that the graphics car stop working when I switch views.
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hello,
I have GSync and VSync disable.
Yesterday I launch the simulator with Task Manager next to P3D, when i'm starting in the cockpit of F-22 fps goes well still remain at 100-120, and my graphic card works at 50-65 %; but when I switch an other view fps drop at 2-3 and my graphic card drop at 2-3 % same thing with the CPU.
Anyway these are my default p3d settings:

Regards
sramir25

Post by sramir25 »

ill install windows again and I let you know if that work.
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hello,
Thanks man I appreciate it
If I had to reinstall windows, of course I have to remove P3d too, also backup all files right ?
If you could help me becuase I never did this

Best regards
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Nicola67,
" the simulator starts in the cockpit of F-22 with 100-120 fps, but when i switch other views camera by pressing the key "S" fps drop at 6-7,and sound goes away."

If you remain in the new view is the drop in FPS and no sound permanent or just for a second or so (very short time)?

Have you tested with FPS locked e.g. at 20?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Nicola67

Post by Nicola67 »

Hello,
Yeah I've already tried to block fps at 25 after at 20 but nothing happen.
The issue is permanent because yesterday I made a takeoff with F-22 switching "external camera view" and the problem didn't go away, i've flew for 15-20 min, if the issue had been for a few seconds, it would absolutely not bother me.
A lot of people resolved the problem by reinstall windows 10.

Regards
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Nicola67 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:29 am Hello,
Yeah I've already tried to block fps at 25 after at 20 but nothing happen.
The issue is permanent because yesterday I made a takeoff with F-22 switching "external camera view" and the problem didn't go away, i've flew for 15-20 min, if the issue had been for a few seconds, it would absolutely not bother me.
A lot of people resolved the problem by reinstall windows 10.

Regards
I wonder what went wrong with the current Win10 install (with updates)?

If you are not going to reinstall Win10 right now maybe you could do a short (like10 minutes or so) video with audio using the default P3D flight (F22 at the default airport).
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)